What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ R Steering heavy and vibrates

A

Anonymous

Hi all. Just got My R back after having the drivers side lower suspension joint replaced, now the steering is heavy to turn and vibrates? Could this be an alignment issue? Took the car back to the garage and they told me a power steering issue? It never went in like that??

2retro

Reaction score
Well whatever it is I would say it's the garage's job to resolve it since it wasn't like that beforehand.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
2retro said:
Well whatever it is I would say it's the garage's job to resolve it since it wasn't like that beforehand.

+1 on that.

I realise if you could go back and tell them exactly what the problem really is you would be in a stronger position, but I think that it's enough to say, when it came in, the only problem was the suspension joint, you have given it back to me with something else broken, so it's up to you to make it right.

I have no doubt they will argue, but you need to be firm and stand your ground. They had a duty of care while they had your car, and it appears from what you have said that they didn't take sufficient care.

I'm not exactly sure what the legality of this is, as the burden of proof probably lies with you to prove that whatever the new problem (assuming it is a new problem, and not their repair that is at fault) is down to them.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Sounds like the botched the hydraulic part of the power steering. The RCZ R has a electrically driven hydraulic power steering system. Maybe a proper bleeding will help here.