What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rcz R Review: New Youtube video

Flanners

Reaction score
Wondered when he was going to drive one...he did the RCZ before. Watching now....

Hmmm. Mixed feelings on the review, pretty fair with some inaccuracies, usual bollocks about £2K for brakes etc....funny that he seemed to like the interior and that is one thing that is usually totally slated.

Last edited:

Kerr

Reaction score

This video just popped up on my feed

Great video
Might be the first proper review of the rcz r in years

The cost of the brakes doesn't need further exaggeration.

Mini did not stop using the engine in 2009. He's getting mixed up with an older engine that was significantly worse.

apple3337

Reaction score
I've seen a few reviews of his. He reviewed a Clio MK3 too which I also own. Frankly, he's full of shit. The nonsense that comes out of him... I don't think he knows a good car from a bad one. He's a good talker though....kind of like a used car salesman. I won't be looking at any of his videos again lol

Flanners

Reaction score
went out for a dusk drive last night in the R, thinking what JayEmm stated about his drive; beginning to think the example he drove may have issues especially with performance and turbo response (not that you drive a turbo charged car in low revs and plant your foot....like he did, as a test of it's responsiveness etc), one issue he does give is the 'unsettled' nature of the car; when 'pressing on' I agree to an extent. on bad roads the car is quite flighty/fidgety, if you are not used to it I guess that could be disconcerting, I quite like it makes the car fun to drive,

apple3337

Reaction score
The handling of my R is amazing IMHO. The Clio I have is a great handling car as all reviewers will agree. The R is a lot better. By that I mean the Clio is sprung super stiff to get it to handle. The down side is a pretty harsh ride. The R has the cornering of the Clio but without the harshness. Fidgety handling pfffft. Absolute rubbish. JayEmm is a dead set tosser. He has no idea what he is talking about.

Claret63

Reaction score
went out for a dusk drive last night in the R, thinking what JayEmm stated about his drive; beginning to think the example he drove may have issues especially with performance and turbo response (not that you drive a turbo charged car in low revs and plant your foot....like he did, as a test of it's responsiveness etc), one issue he does give is the 'unsettled' nature of the car; when 'pressing on' I agree to an extent. on bad roads the car is quite flighty/fidgety, if you are not used to it I guess that could be disconcerting, I quite like it makes the car fun to drive,

I think that car was broken, with reference to his comment on performance utter crap, I think the car can feel unsettled in certain situations as I have commented on another thread, but that’s the nature of the tuned suspension in my view, which I have got used too the more I have driven the R.

The R is like no other car I have driven, I think that’s because it’s set up as a track car and developed on the track, that’s why I think there are some with negative views.

I don’t have the bottle to push the R properly down a B road, but rest assured I have full confidence if I did it would look after me.

Kerr

Reaction score

I've not watched the full video.

Turbocharged cars often produce torque and power from very low revs. Modern turbos have little lag. The R is laggy.

Bad roads unsettle any car. I wouldn't consider the R fidgety. I think it's actually more stable than most performance cars in this class. Drive something like a BMW M140i on a rough and it unravels.

Last edited:

apple3337

Reaction score
I have to disagree on the whole turbo laggy thing. Again, my NA Clio is gultess below 4000 RPM. This is very common in NA cars (except large block V8's etc). Then it comes alive with a rush. I find the R has a very even torque curve in comparison.