What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ R replacement front disc

panile

Reaction score
Hoping someone can help;

My wife has been driving around in our R and not noticed the front pads were shot. Can someone please advise where I can get a new compatible front disc without paying the £1000 our Peugeot dealer has quoted?

It seems you can get RCZ discs from anywhere, but not so easily for the R.

ChrisS

Reaction score
Hi

Alcons are only available via Peugeot. Is the £1k quoted for a pair of sics and fitted?

Otherwise the only aftermarket alternative are tarox.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
There are a few alternatives now on the market but they are for the full kit including callipers, due to the original callipers having mild steel pistons which can corrode and cause problems. The aftermarket kits are substantially cheaper than the Alcon kit.

panile

Reaction score
I wish ChrisS, that was for a single replacement disc. Trolled the internet and could only find the Tarox ones as a genuine replacement. All the others state they're for an R, but when you check the sizes . . . . . . . . . .

ChrisS

Reaction score
Yes I've seen a lot saying for the R but they're not 380mm. That's expensive even by Peugeot standards for a single rotor. Try a different dealer. Mine in Sussex wanted 1584 fora pair, fitted.

Flanners

Reaction score
Just out of interest what mileage have you done?

Flanners

Reaction score
I'm sure I have read that MTech will do a set of discs for circa £600?

ChrisS

Reaction score
I emailed them and didn't get a reply, they definitely don't list them in their site. Where did you read that?

ChrisS

Reaction score
Cheers I've sent them another email enquiring. Let you know their reply.

ChrisS

Reaction score
Here is MTEC'S reply...

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20190619-190802_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    SmartSelect_20190619-190802_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 3,662

Flanners

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. My new to me R has about 30% wear on the front discs apparently, so a way to go yet. I reckon a forum group buy from MTech would be a good option and bring the price down too, worth revisiting in October?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Any of you guys heard of a company called Pug1off? I know they’re doing a replacement setup which includes front discs inc bells and new callipers for the new 308 gti I’m sure they’re 380mm but not sure if the will fit the R worth a call because the lots just over a grand!

ChrisS

Reaction score
Yeah definitely worth a review nearer October.

Yeah heard of pug1off,could be worth an enquiry email...

Kerr

Reaction score
Thread bump. Has there been any new alternatives, or cheaper supplier of Alcon discs, recently?

I did email Mtech, but they are running with a tiny amount of staff and won't be making any 2 piece brakes for a while.

Cheers.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
I reckon you will have hard times to find a replacement.
There are not many of those R around and to add to the tally, mostly they are used as weekend or second/third cars. Thus the mileage and brake wear is low. Thus less replacements.
Hardly any company will go into the development of replacements for a tiny group of potential customers.

Each time I had to replace them I started a search online which resulted in null results. And some swearing while shelling out the money for the OEM discs.
Finger crossed for you to find a proper replacement!

Kerr

Reaction score
I reckon you will have hard times to find a replacement.
There are not many of those R around and to add to the tally, mostly they are used as weekend or second/third cars. Thus the mileage and brake wear is low. Thus less replacements.
Hardly any company will go into the development of replacements for a tiny group of potential customers.

Each time I had to replace them I started a search online which resulted in null results. And some swearing while shelling out the money for the OEM discs.
Finger crossed for you to find a proper replacement!

I only come up with the Tarox discs.

I seen a company called Pug1off mentioned and they've recently fitted them to a car they've posted on their Facebook.

I've seen a mention of ordering genuine discs from Germany at much cheaper prices. I can't see where though.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
From Germany?
Give it a try to a local dealer up in the north of Germany. Maybe they will sell you those on discount.

Flanners

Reaction score
Mtec roll out the same reply/excuse every time I have contacted them several times, their reply: low staff, but this year they had a believable one, they said it was due to Covid, they have in my view no intention of ever producing a disc for the R; waste of time