What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ R prices

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
The only problem with a cover is if the car gets wet during use it will stay wet under the cover and then the cover will also be wet and will take some drying out now the U.K weather is turning. Couple this with freezing temp's as Winter sets in, a cover could be more trouble than it's worth.
I have both mine under covers with fleece linings and it has ties That stops the wind works really well been using the same ones last couple of years no damage to car and work well over the Frost that winter time think the best thing is to find a car cover that fits well if you are not putting it in the a garage.. I did shop around until I found the right one, I knew of a number of RCZers are using the same product as I am and are well happy

hellomotto

Reaction score
I have both mine under covers with fleece linings and it has ties That stops the wind works really well been using the same ones last couple of years no damage to car and work well over the Frost that winter time think the best thing is to find a car cover that fits well if you are not putting it in the a garage.. I did shop around until I found the right one, I knew of a number of RCZers are using the same product as I am and are well happy
I asked on a different forum about covers for outside storage, and got told damage occurs from the wind going under the covers.

So unless your covers are nailed down, it might cause scratches. There was a suggestion of putting a plastic sheet as well

Rim

Reaction score
Hello, can anybody give the name of the best, all weather, outdoor car cover for the RCZ? Thanks in advance.

b2k78

Reaction score
Hi, a friend is looking to sell their 2014 rczr. It has just over 32k miles. There is an advisory for an antiroll bar cover on the mot. There is also service stamps missing between 2018 to 2022 when they purchased the car from a dealer. They paid around the 17k mark for the car.
The wheels are mint as is the bodywork. Headlights could donwith a refurb.
I'm just wanting to enquire as to a reasonable price they should be asking? They are looking to sell for medical reasons (car too powerful for her disabilities)
Thanks 😊

Attachments

• 20231212_144828.jpg
    20231212_144828.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 15
  • 20231212_144952.jpg
    20231212_144952.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 20231212_144943.jpg
    20231212_144943.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 20231212_144805.jpg
    20231212_144805.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 20231212_144810.jpg
    20231212_144810.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 16

Claret63

Reaction score
Hi, a friend is looking to sell their 2014 rczr. It has just over 32k miles. There is an advisory for an antiroll bar cover on the mot. There is also service stamps missing between 2018 to 2022 when they purchased the car from a dealer. They paid around the 17k mark for the car.
The wheels are mint as is the bodywork. Headlights could donwith a refurb.
I'm just wanting to enquire as to a reasonable price they should be asking? They are looking to sell for medical reasons (car too powerful for her disabilities)
Thanks 😊

You are not going to get good money given the service and MOT history, the headlights also could be a real problem, wheels are not factory finish that is also a problem for an enthusiast.

The mileage is low, but to a serious buyer the missing service history would be a big problem.

I would recommend your friend trades the car in against something else to get the best possible price, an R can be a massive money pit for a private buyer, tbh your friends car looks a risky buy.

Of course the above is only my opinion, you could use the existing one’s for sale as a guide price if they wanted a starting point to try to sell privately.

b2k78

Reaction score
You are not going to get good money given the service and MOT history, the headlights also could be a real problem, wheels are not factory finish that is also a problem for an enthusiast.

The mileage is low, but to a serious buyer the missing service history would be a big problem.

I would recommend your friend trades the car in against something else to get the best possible price, an R can be a massive money pit for a private buyer, tbh your friends car looks a risky buy.

Of course the above is only my opinion, you could use the existing one’s for sale as a guide price if they wanted a starting point to try to sell privately.
Thank you. This is the type of information I'm looking for. Any input is welcome 🙏

b2k78

Reaction score
Thank you. This is the type of information I'm looking for. Any input is welcome 🙏
I'd like to add that the missing years of service history equates to 10000 miles of use, if that makes any difference

Kerr

Reaction score
That huge gap in the service history is going to cause real issues with selling the car on.

As Claret63 says the MOT advisory, the wheels, the headlamps, and the mirror caps aren't going to help the sale.

The photographs don't highlight the condition the car is in. It looks dull and dirty in the pictures.

The front brake condition is a big selling point. I'm guessing by the picture and the MOT history the brake discs haven't covered much mileage? Did they get the brake calipers rebuilt or refurbished?

Trade in prices for the R are terrible. I'm afraid your friend is going to take a heavy hit on the price they have paid.

b2k78

Reaction score
That huge gap in the service history is going to cause real issues with selling the car on.

As Claret63 says the MOT advisory, the wheels, the headlamps, and the mirror caps aren't going to help the sale.

The photographs don't highlight the condition the car is in. It looks dull and dirty in the pictures.

The front brake condition is a big selling point on these cars. I'm guessing by the picture and the MOT history the brake discs haven't covered much mileage. Did they get the brake calipers rebuilt or refurbished?

Trade in prices for the R are terrible. I'm afraid your friend is going to take a heavy hit on the price they have paid.
The pictures were just to show the car, it was raining lol and are in no way ment to show the car at its best. The brakes are fine to my knowledge. I wasn't aware the mirror caps were aftermarket but I suppose can be replaced and the headlights can be professionally refurbished if they do actually need doing, i only had a quick look at the car but they looked slightly foggy to me. The advisory can be rectified as well.
Can the wheels be stripped of paint to return them to original? I think the dealership painted them because there was a scuff on one of them.
Thank you for your reply, I want to give them the best information possible, good or bad

Claret63

Reaction score
The pictures were just to show the car, it was raining lol and are in no way ment to show the car at its best. The brakes are fine to my knowledge. I wasn't aware the mirror caps were aftermarket but I suppose can be replaced and the headlights can be professionally refurbished if they do actually need doing, i only had a quick look at the car but they looked slightly foggy to me. The advisory can be rectified as well.
Can the wheels be stripped of paint to return them to original? I think the dealership painted them because there was a scuff on one of them.
Thank you for your reply, I want to give them the best information possible, good or bad

Reference the wheels, it depends on how much of the R motif is left on the wheel, as this is reduced when they are restored to a diamond cut finish which is factory, they are often powder coated because there isn’t enough left for a diamond cut finish.

As Kerr says they could take a heavy hit on resale, how long have they had the car?

Flanners

Reaction score
Don't sell it now unless there is a 'need' to; wait until the Spring, get it washed and waxed. an interior valet etc, look on Autotrader see what the going rate is and pitch it at a fair price bearing in mind some of it's minus points, it will sell just not for top $.

Failing that talk your friend into keeping their low mileage performance bargain!

b2k78

Reaction score
So, I was informed today that the wheels were already painted when they purchased the car a year ago, the R emblem looks good, I dont think the wheels have been diamond cut but I've added a picture for an expert eye. Also I am apparently mistaken about the amount of missing years of service, she said that it was 2020 to 2022 missing which may be due to lockdown? I'm not sure if that will make a difference?
Also, I am really grateful for your input, thank you

Attachments

• 20231213_122022.jpg
    20231213_122022.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 8

b2k78

Reaction score
Reference the wheels, it depends on how much of the R motif is left on the wheel, as this is reduced when they are restored to a diamond cut finish which is factory, they are often powder coated because there isn’t enough left for a diamond cut finish.

As Kerr says they could take a heavy hit on resale, how long have they had the car?
They have had it a year, maybe done 1k miles in that time

b2k78

Reaction score
Don't sell it now unless there is a 'need' to; wait until the Spring, get it washed and waxed. an interior valet etc, look on Autotrader see what the going rate is and pitch it at a fair price bearing in mind some of it's minus points, it will sell just not for top $.

Failing that talk your friend into keeping their low mileage performance bargain!
Hes not in a need to get rid situation but he does want to sell it. It was a gift for his wife (she had an rcz before) she is worried that she will wrap it round a lamp post... the reason for sale is so his wife doesn't have to look at it and feel bad... ive tried to persuade him to keep it

Claret63

Reaction score
So, I was informed today that the wheels were already painted when they purchased the car a year ago, the R emblem looks good, I dont think the wheels have been diamond cut but I've added a picture for an expert eye. Also I am apparently mistaken about the amount of missing years of service, she said that it was 2020 to 2022 missing which may be due to lockdown? I'm not sure if that will make a difference?
Also, I am really grateful for your input, thank you
Looks good for a refurb, if they are all the same, it’s not cheap to have them done properly so it might be better to leave them and make an allowance in the asking price.

The missing service sounds better as you previously stated, so that will make it more attractive for a sale.

The other thing which has been mentioned is the front brakes, they need to be tip top condition as replacement disc and callipers are extremely expensive, callipers are prone to seize on the inner pistons on the calliper, corrosion inboard on the disc will confirm this.