What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ-R : P1339 error @ high speed

Sunseeker

Reaction score
Yo folks

Today was pushing car on a huge highway with no speed controls.
I was like about to change from 5 to 6 then car went on limp mode ( VERY , VERY dangerous )
Thank god the road was nearly empty , switched to slow lan , exited and parked the car.
Engine fan was running for like 3 minutes.
ODB in , error P1339.
Cleaned the error, restarted the car , goes nicely.
But now i'm fuckin triggered.
I will leave it to my Peugeot service for a check , but i want opinions.
Oil is perfect , coils & spark plugs are nearly new , HPFP is BRAND new.
I'm startig to have doubts about injectors.
The problem seems to manifestate at high revs.
Car's got 88k kms.
Any idea / experience with that ?
:)

RCZ-R

Reaction score
It could be many things:
- clogged intakes in the manifold
- timing chain worn out/stretched
- turbo waste gate leaking
- fuel injectors clogged

I had this too on my R and the culprit was a leaky waste gate.

Sunseeker

Reaction score
Very late update on the post , sorry :/ :

Was just a coil. Repleaced all 4 Ngk.
Cars runnning perfectly.
BTW seems that the upgraded HP fuel pump have some pretty relevant positive effects.
Done a ECU remap on 100 octane fuel ( 302hp ) , car's running amazingly, waaay better than before.
100 octane got a HUGE impact on that engine especially with a proper remap.

Stay safe :)

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Sweet. 300 hp seems to be the safe max level you can put on those engines. There were few RCZ running on that power in the german VLN racing series.

Do you have a dragy or similar GPS device to check on 100-200 times your car now does? I wonder if it went below 14 sec.

det09

Reaction score
Süss. 300 PS scheinen das sichere Höchstniveau zu sein, das Sie auf diese Motoren setzen können. In der deutschen VLN-Rennserie fuhren nur wenige RCZ mit dieser Leistung.

Haben Sie ein schleppendes oder ähnliches GPS-Gerät, um es 100-200 Mal zu überprüfen, was Ihr Auto jetzt tut? Ich frage mich, ob es unter 14 Sekunden ging.
In der VLN hatten die Fahrzeuge mindestens 315 PS.(vermutlich auch mehr)Bei meinem R sind mit einigen Änderungen auch 304 PS eingetragen. ;-))

RCZ-R

Reaction score
In der VLN hatten die Fahrzeuge mindestens 315 PS.(vermutlich auch mehr)Bei meinem R sind mit einigen Änderungen auch 304 PS eingetragen. ;-))
In the VLN they run the engines with bigger blowers (in der VLN sind sie mit grösseren Turbos gefahren).

travelswithanrcz

Reaction score
Very late update on the post , sorry :/ :

Was just a coil. Repleaced all 4 Ngk.
Cars runnning perfectly.
BTW seems that the upgraded HP fuel pump have some pretty relevant positive effects.
Done a ECU remap on 100 octane fuel ( 302hp ) , car's running amazingly, waaay better than before.
100 octane got a HUGE impact on that engine especially with a proper remap.

Stay safe :)

Bit late to the issue, but glad it was just an ignition coil. Had almost the exact same problem last April with my 200 MK1 with the same code and engine going into limp mode, albeit I was only accelerating up to 70mph at the time. Was just an igntion coil too :)