What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ R Exterior car cover

darrenleeder7

Reaction score
Hi all

I posted a couple of comments on this subject various forums but no luck let.

I am after a top quality exterior car cover.
My car will be kept outside.
I don't need a car cocoon as this is not about long term storage as will drive my car several times each week.

I simply want to protect the paintwork and the neighbours cat that loves my car!

Would want a cover that is fitted and made for the car so it is snug and does move too much if windy

I am more than happy to pay £100-£200 for the best cover available that is waterproof and has a protective inner lining that 100% will not scratch the paintwork.

Has anyone on this forum purchased something that you are absolutely delighted on that fits the above comments.

Could you kindly give me some ideas who to purchase from.

Thanks
Darren

Last edited:

Woodso

Reaction score
If your neighbours car is an Audi TT , your doing right stopping it's randy overtones to your RCZ, by fitting a cover, you don't want a mongrel offspring.

indoldn

Reaction score
Hi all

I posted a couple of comments on this subject various forums but no luck let.

I am after a top quality exterior car cover.
My car will be kept outside.
I don't need a car cocoon as this is not about long term storage as will drive my car several times each week.

I simply want to protect the paintwork and the neighbours cat that loves my car!

Would want a cover that is fitted and made for the car so it is snug and does move too much if windy

I am more than happy to pay £100-£200 for the best cover available that is waterproof and has a protective inner lining that 100% will not scratch the paintwork.

Has anyone on this forum purchased something that you are absolutely delighted on that fits the above comments.

Could you kindly give me some ideas who to purchase from.

Thanks
Darren
Darren, have a look at this post https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10222088214375933&id=1279579814&set=gm.2920967384631869 I think their top of the line one is still under £200. The photo should give you an idea of the fit.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
If you are going to use your car regularly and put the cover on and off several times a week, I bet the painting will get some scratches. No way it won't.
Car covers are built for long-term garaging of the car.
Even the best cover will catch some dust and dirt which than slides over the car's body each time you put it on and off. I use nylon covers with silky underside or a so-called car pyjamas and whatever I do some dirt always get underneath.

Instead maybe a car port or even a car tent would suit your needs better?

darrenleeder7

Reaction score
If you are going to use your car regularly and put the cover on and off several times a week, I bet the painting will get some scratches. No way it won't.
Car covers are built for long-term garaging of the car.
Even the best cover will catch some dust and dirt which than slides over the car's body each time you put it on and off. I use nylon covers with silky underside or a so-called car pyjamas and whatever I do some dirt always get underneath.

Instead maybe a car port or even a car tent would suit your needs better?
Thank you.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
As previously mentioned there’s a big debate on wether a cover causes more damage than it saves but I think for a too cover your going to have to pay more than £200.
I know one R owner who bought a top cover and were over the moon with it but I’m sure it cost in excess of £200 his old post may still be lurking on these pages try a search.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Just found the old post but he doesn’t mention where it came from you could try a private message as the owner threw the teddy out and doesn’t visit the forum anymore but may have the odd sneaky peak 👍

Thread 'New Cover for RCZ'
New Cover for RCZ

Flanners

Reaction score
I would never ever use a car cover outside, did so year's ago and got micro scratches on the tensioned areas from movement in the wind, mould on exterior gulleys/gutters/rubbers, also car suffered from condensation issues inside. Nothing is breathable (yes some are better than others) in the truest sense, given the fluctuations in temperatures in the UK (for example Weds this week will be 21 degrees dropping overnight to 6 degrees) the resulting moisture gets trapped against the paintwork. I would try not to park directly under a tree, but shaded area and wash and wax the car, wipe off bird shit as and when needed. Agree with above any form of dirt etc on the car and then covered will have a sandpaper effect on the paintwork. A top quality bespoke fitted indoor cover is £200, twice that or more for an exterior one.

Wondered where Plecodoras had got to...........

Last edited: