What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ R chipped

Darrenleeder

Reaction score
Hi all

Has anyone had their RCZ R chipped?
What was the aprox cost and the BHP 270 moved to what?
Did you notice a good difference in performance?

RCZ-R

Reaction score
I have attempted on this matter. But there was no tuner around which could provide me with a reliable mapping which works in all conditions. Especially at full load for longer period.
Mostly they offer what I call "weekend car tuning". It works for the occasional burst on your Sunday drive. But I needed something which works also on autobahns for hours and hours of full engine load. They gave up.

But I have learnt through many conversations that the R engine can be safely pushed to around 290 bhp and max 400 Nm (about 300 lb ft, due to the gearbox).

If I would be using my R as a weekend warrior I would had done it.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
pete.garratt said:
So far as I know, no one has chipped their R.

However, some have chipped their 308 gti engines, which a similar if not identical.

Have a look at Comkotes Tunning:

https://www.comkotes-tuning.co.uk/perfo ... gti-remap/

Don’t think this is about outright power, but more about torque delivery.

I have a racing driver acquaintance who is quite pleased with his remap.

One important difference between 308 and the RCZ: the 308 has a higher fuel line pressure. Therefore mappings for 308 cannot be applied to the R (or its results). The RCZ R has to be treated differently.

But the R engine is tune-able.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
After speaking with DanRo on here I am 100% pretty sure he has had a stage 1 tune / remap on his R and that it is sat at 290BHP, but he hasn't only had this work done, he has changed the suspension setup also. But the best person to ask would be Danny himself.
I fancy doing it to mine but want someone who can safely backup my setup now, just in case of issues down the road.
Change the exhaust system and let it breath a little better and I'd say 300 should be a good target and as we all know Bimota's RCZ was tuned to exactly that - 300BHP in fact I think they went as high as 330bhp but came back 30 for reliability reasons.