What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ potential owner needs some help!

Dima

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm currently considering purchasing a car and, after some hesitations, leaning toward Peugeot RCZ.

Of course, I'm gonna buy a car with some mileage, and I have a few options currently:

1. RCZ Asphalt 200hp with 93000 km mileage (mechanic transmission)

2. Regular RCZ 2013 year 154hp with 43000 km mileage (automatic transmission)

Both are in excellent condition; both were manufactured in 2012 and serviced in time.

However, I have some questions left after browsing the internet, and I hope you can help me to decide. So, let's start:

1. What are the main weak spots of this car (chassis\engine). Read some reviews but still want to hear opinions from this vehicle's "real" pilots. After what milage do some issues occur?

2. Is an Asphalt version of this car more problematic than a regular one? Or instead, it has fewer malfunctions? Mainly, I'm curious regarding the engine.

3. I've seen versions of this car equipped with a move-out LCD screen. Does it depend on the year of manufacture, or is it just an additional option?

4. During car inspection, what should I pay attention to in the first place. What are the "right" questions to ask an owner initially?

Appritiate your help:)

Nemi

Reaction score
1. The engine can be problematic. Take a look here for the common problems Peugeot-Citroen/Mini 1.6 THP engine naming, maintenance and servicing – 101 – eTuners Before 100k km you should get some of the problems mentioned there. You may also check my personal thread (link in the signature), where I mentioned some of the issues I had (which occurred between 70k km and 150k km).
2. Same engine.
3. There are 3 different entertainment systems. Two of them have a pop-up screen. It is an additional option.
4. Check for service history if any of the common problems have been resolved yet. Listen to the cold engine, if it sounds like a diesel, the chain should be replaced. Try to move in 1st gear and in reverse slowly, sometimes clutch makes a screeching sound (my two RCZs did that but I did not replace the clutch since it is no big deal for me). Check for oil leaks on the engine. Smell the exhaust fumes of unburnt petrol, this might indicate that the high-pressure fuel pump is failing. Bring a code scanner to check for engine errors. Check for oil change intervals as it should be done frequently on these engines to keep them healthy.

Personally, I would look for a 2013 model (facelift) with a 200 THP engine if you want more fun 😺 It has a smaller steering wheel, a shorter shifter, bigger brakes, stiffer suspension, more power, and overall feels more sporty. Last month I got a decent RCZ for a good price from Germany (on mobile.de). RCZ Asphalt is a limited edition so also an interesting version (if matte paint is ok for you).

Last edited:

Dima

Reaction score
Thanks for this info @Nemi!
Unfortunately, I have not found models from 2013 in Ukraine at this point. Most of them are 2012 156hp cars with automatic trasmission. And a few 2012 Asphalt versions with manual stick. However, the majority are in great condition still.
Anyway, will take in consideration ur advices when will be inspecting available options. Thanks again!