What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ on topgear

A

Anonymous

Does anyone know if the new Top Gear TV series will be testing the RCZ would be nice to see an indepth test on TV the fifth gear one against the scirrocco was very short

RCZ1

Reaction score
I doubt it. Top Gear don't test "every day" sort of cars do they? And their tests are pretty meaningless in my opinion

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I doubt it. Top Gear don't test "every day" sort of cars do they? And their tests are pretty meaningless in my opinion

It would have been nice to see a test of it, although JC would probably just slag it off anyway he doesn't seem to like cars which look nice

A

Anonymous

Best we'll get is which of the RCZ or TT is easiest to escape from if it falls into the sea.

Top Gear really isn't that type of programme any more.

A

Anonymous

and all the better for it too!

We have youtube for menial motor reviews

A

Anonymous

it maybe on the tv show as Top Gear Magazine did vote the RCZ coup of the year :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ MATT said:
it maybe on the tv show as Top Gear Magazine did vote the RCZ coup of the year :thumbup:

Thats why I thought they may have done a review on the show

A

Anonymous

3 years ago I had the original Honda Civic Type R then upgraded to the newer shape version and when I heard that it was going to be featured on Topgear I phoned all my mates and said make sure you all tune in. JC loved the old version and said it was the greatest hot hatch of its time but unfortunately JC absolutly slated the new version so it was rather embassing :? and my mates were ripping me for weeks.

A

Anonymous

Dont you think that Top Gear has now lost the point ? Did you see last nights episode..................Landing a helicopter on the roof ! ! ! Tatooing a guy whilst driving the car, (Skoda Yeti) across abumpy landscape ! ! ! As previously stated in this forum, Clarkson is only interested in the costly breed of automotia.

A

Anonymous

MEvans said:
Dont you think that Top Gear has now lost the point ? Did you see last nights episode..................Landing a helicopter on the roof ! ! ! Tatooing a guy whilst driving the car, (Skoda Yeti) across abumpy landscape ! ! ! As previously stated in this forum, Clarkson is only interested in the costly breed of automotia.

You mean they hadn't previously lost the point when they did amphibious vehicles? Or sending the mini down a ski-slope? or trying to launch a reliant robin into space? Or Bus racing? Or car football (which was then stolen for World Cup adverts)? Or anything to do with caravans.

It's been an entertainment programme for years. It's not about car reviews. They've even moved away from reviewing the big BMW M's or AMG Mercedes (they did used to have one genuine rich person's car per week). Now it's really all about sports cars round the track. It's about the types of cars the types of people who still watch it want to hear about (and not necessarily buy), and the challenges. Personally I enjoy it (although I suspect the joke will wear thin very suddenly as they realise they've run out of ideas). But I don't watch it to decide the car I want to buy.

The magazine is still more for people who want to buy cars.

A

Anonymous

YouTube has made the format of a car review programme semi redundant. And if you really want that programme type then Fifth Gear will cater for that

A

Anonymous

RCZ146 said:
RCZ1 said:

It would have been nice to see a test of it, although JC would probably just slag it off anyway he doesn't seem to like cars which look nice

On the contrary, JC actually likes the RCZ and has written a few glowing reviews of it. He belives it's given Peugeot its mojo back.

A

Anonymous

They all loved the RCZ at Top Gear Live. They had one of the White limited editions.