What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rcz on my shortlist!

Mandon

Reaction score
Hi there
I’m considering an RcZ THP Gt auto as a first car for my partner (other car we are considering is a mini)
We’ve viewed 2 (autos seems really rare in the uk) and noticed how different the GT spec makes the car feel vs sport.
The car is a 2010 with 90k miles, so we are realistic about some faults. On inspection we noticed at idle a very high pitched noise (a belt somewhere perhaps?), air con not working, and rear tyre pressure warning.
the dealer revved the engine out for 5 mins and the high pitch noise stopped - the others he reckons are minor and car has just been sat still for a few weeks.
is there anything to really watch out for with this if he were to correct these for a second view would it be likely to go wrong again?
thanks
Mandon

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there
I’m considering an RcZ THP Gt auto as a first car for my partner (other car we are considering is a mini)
We’ve viewed 2 (autos seems really rare in the uk) and noticed how different the GT spec makes the car feel vs sport.
The car is a 2010 with 90k miles, so we are realistic about some faults. On inspection we noticed at idle a very high pitched noise (a belt somewhere perhaps?), air con not working, and rear tyre pressure warning.
the dealer revved the engine out for 5 mins and the high pitch noise stopped - the others he reckons are minor and car has just been sat still for a few weeks.
is there anything to really watch out for with this if he were to correct these for a second view would it be likely to go wrong again?
thanks
Mandon
The auto is a rare beast and is it because it’s an auto that your prepared to have another look at this car? There’s loads of RCZ’s for sale out there, my advice would be go and look at a few more cars and then make your decision.