What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ - Needs a health warning

FGRob

Reaction score
Well what can I say, this is the first time I've had a car that's nearly killed both me and the wife purely due to it's looks. Yep that's right, I had a young Italian girl drive past my car, did a double take on the car lost control and smashed into the central barrier and then came back into my path causing me to drive through her debris and then to be hit by her battery damaging the back wheel. SHE WAS DRIVING AN AUDI :wtf: The good news was that no one was injured, the two girls were very shaken there car was a complete wreck no front end left and I'm left with a damaged wheel and a shake at 75 mpg - not sure if I've damaged something on the front, so today having to check the car at a local garage in Luxemburg before our return tomorrow.

So be warned - looks can kill.

Oh yes the young girl had to pay a fine of €530 plus €500 for recovery, she could not leave the Police HQ until she had paid. :shock: :shock:

Rob :helpme: :helpme:

A

Anonymous

Blimey, at least no one was hurt! Hope you have a safe journey home Rob!

FGRob

Reaction score
Cheers.

The car seems OK, but will do a good check when I get home, managed to download the gap I went through at about 65 mph, I think she hit the barrier at about 75 / 80 mph. We were coming up from Italy just past Como on the Swiss A2 - which had to be closed :oops:

Here's the aftermath:

Rob

A

Anonymous

sorry to hear of your problem it may be quite common though.a few month since my car was nearly took out on a bend by a 207cc, driver having a good ogle at my rcz.

A

Anonymous

Hi Rob,

Really glad you and yours are all ok!

regards

Marcus

FGRob

Reaction score
Well managed to get back safely, approx mileage of 2680 with an average fuel consumption of 45.1mpg and an average speed of 68 mph, the car never missed a beat, so appart from this one incident - crashing cars and closing the A2 through Switzerland, I loved every minute of the drive.

But again coming up from Dover, we had cars pulling up the side of me taking photo's, others giving us massive thumbs up, but fortunately none losing control this time. :thumbup:

The car goes in on Monday for a full check and to have the wheels sorted, all 4 are being replaced so with a bit of luck no need to get the insurance involved, we think the shake on the front is a possible weight loss which will be sorted when the tyres are re-balanced on the new alloys :thumbup:

I have to say Peugeot have been very good with sorting the alloys out, no fuss just got on with it and certainly the garage could not do enough for me. :thumbup:

I will say I was seriously considering selling the car, but I can't see anything that compares in looks and certainly performance, don't get me wrong I like people looking at my car but I think crashing is just going over the top a little, what can I say women drivers :eek: :shock: :dance: :lol: :lol:

Rob. :wave:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Glad you got back safe and sound Rob. Sounds like a bit of a scary moment there though. :thumbup:
Mind you, not all women drivers are the same :D

A

Anonymous

:lol: now you've made that crack about women drivers I suggest you run!! Oddly tonight on the A45 I had an Audi hang on my shoulder for about 2 miles getting a good look at my RCZ.. thankfully this person didn't lose control!!

A

Anonymous

Yep as much as I enjoy people admiring Nigella, the double takes and all that I find I do say to myself a lot, "Look back at the road you f*#king idiot..."

Glad everyone is OK

A

Anonymous

Rob, hope you and your passenger(s) are ok after a very scary incident :crazy: . I was driving through the town this afternoon and three young men in the car in front were so busy ogling Freddie they nearly caused a pile-up, too. I could only make out that the front and rear passengers were turning around and staring so I hope the driver was concentrating on the road apart from flashing his hazzards at me as he drove ahead and then pulled over to let me pass. There are some seriously crazy people out there in (non)control of dangerous speeding weapons of destruction.

A

Anonymous

Figo said:
did u get her number?

Now I hope by that question you meant for insurance purposes Figo, because judging by the pictures, she looks a bit tasty, and I'm sure FGRob is a happily married man :lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

Yeah but I could of used the ".... I hear u like RCZ's..... " line.... :lol:

Ya know help a fellow forum member :p