What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ just arrived in Malta

A

Anonymous

The best i could do, did not have my camera, these are all phone pics. I will definately post some more upon its arrival - hopefully monday

Steve

(God i envy you RCZ drivers! hehe)

A

Anonymous

Hi steve6, Check your doors very carefully for dents and scratches. Looks like Tesco car park on a Saturday afternoon. Enjoy your RCZ in the hot sun, you lucky devil. :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

jrs said:
Hi steve6, Check your doors very carefully for dents and scratches. Looks like Tesco car park on a Saturday afternoon. Enjoy your RCZ in the hot sun, you lucky devil. :greetings-wavingblue:

Hi jrs,

When i saw the car 'packed' - i believe packed is the most appropriate word i could use - so close to the other cars i wasn't too pleased, but i must admit that great care was taken and i'm sure the car will be fine:) (Still i got fingers crossed).

With regards to driving in the sun - am i crazy? i think people are going to hate me for this - i actually love the rain! but i will certainly enjoy driving this in the sun when the plates arrive!

Will post more pics on Monday/Tuesday ! :beer:

A

Anonymous

Hi steve

I just realised the car has arrived, I just answered your last post. Enjoy and hope we can all meet for a drive and a beer, good luck. ! Was there a 'grey' one with your delivery? I saw one without number plates at Qormi. Have you Christened Her yet??

Bugia

Pete

A

Anonymous

Hi steve6, I also love driving in the rain. Being in Britain I get plenty of practice as that’s all it seems to do over here. As your roads have long dry spells, your roads will be very slick in the wet, so be careful. Try turning off the traction control with the button on the dashboard and the car will go a lot better in the wet. I watched a motoring report on the RCZ where the tester recommended the same thing and I am currently experimenting to get the best results. Happy motoring. :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

jrs said:
Hi steve6, I also love driving in the rain. Being in Britain I get plenty of practice as that’s all it seems to do over here. As your roads have long dry spells, your roads will be very slick in the wet, so be careful. Try turning off the traction control with the button on the dashboard and the car will go a lot better in the wet. I watched a motoring report on the RCZ where the tester recommended the same thing and I am currently experimenting to get the best results. Happy motoring. :greetings-wavingblue:

Your car looks nice :)

But turning off the traction control in the rain is very dangerous indeed please dont do it, traction control is there to help keep your car under control and should only be put off if your driving on a track.

A

Anonymous

bugia said:
Hi steve

I just realised the car has arrived, I just answered your last post. Enjoy and hope we can all meet for a drive and a beer, good luck. ! Was there a 'grey' one with your delivery? I saw one without number plates at Qormi. Have you Christened Her yet??

Bugia

Pete

Hi Pete, didn't see a grey one - it could actually be an import even though i do not think it is financially worth when the total cost is so close to the cost of "new" purchase.

One question, how long did it take you to get the number plates? The car should be in my garage tomorrow or tuesday but i much prefer it's not seeing that its going to be a bit tempting - bhalissa qisni tifel ta' sitt snin! - :beer:

Steve

A

Anonymous

RCZ146 said:
jrs said:

Your car looks nice :)

But turning off the traction control in the rain is very dangerous indeed please dont do it, traction control is there to help keep your car under control and should only be put off if your driving on a track.

Hi RCZ145, Thank you for your response and I appreciate your concerns. However turning off the traction control (TC) does not make your car any less safe than it did when it is switched on. TC in the on or off mode can still result in loss of control. It is the actions and reactions of the driver which cause the car to lose control and not the TC. The recent snow conditions demonstrated that TC was completely useless and the actual skill in car control by the driver is what counts. Delicate use of throttle, steering and brakes, aligned with a properly maintained vehicle i.e. tyres set at correct pressures with decent levels of tread, suspension, steering and brakes are all elements of the safety package which drivers are trying to control.
The short answer could have been, there are drivers and then there are drivers. :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

Hello Steve,
I wish you to have wonderful rides at sunny Malta!

It seems that we have ordered exactly the same color: blue (it is called Blue Tuanake in Greece) with Integral Lama (white) leather seats!
As I can see from the first picture you posted, there is also white leather at the arm rest on the door, is that right? Have you ordered leather for the dashboard as well (I guess not since it is black...) or just for the seats?
I mean, by ordering white leathers seats only (and not dashboard), do you also get white leather at the arm rest?

Please post more pics as soon as you get it! :beer:

A

Anonymous

Hello Zoros,

Yes all i ordered was the Seats to be white but to my surprise i also have the arm rests - as you could see. i was quite pleased with this as it really completes the interior (in my opinion). with regards to the Dashboard, i opted for the standard texture due to the excess sun we have here on the island in summer!

but to tell you the truth, i am still perplexed how i got the arm rests in leather!:)

Steve

A

Anonymous

steve6 said:
with regards to the Dashboard, i opted for the standard texture due to the excess sun we have here on the island in summer!

Thank you Steve!
For the same reason (Greece), I did not order leather for the dashboard...

I was told by a local dealer (but he was not sure...) that with Integral Lama (White) leather seats, you get also leather arm rests, and this seems now to be true! Great news!