What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ IMPORT - Should you buy?

A

Anonymous

I have currently noticed an RCZ import that is for sale at a main dealer. It was registered in France, but is full UK spec. It was used in the RCZ launch. Are there any pitfalls of buying this car? It is registered as a 59 plate.......

Any advice would be gratefully received.

A

Anonymous

I bought a Renault Megane import from a main dealer a couple of years ago, when i went to part exchange it the value was a lot lower due to it being an import, paid £13500 for it, less than 3 years later i was offered £4500 part ex max, going down to £3500, with 12500 miles on the clock, the sales guy's were putting this down to it being an import ? I was not completley convinced by that but i do think an import will have a lower resale value than a UK registered car.

I also had to declare it as an import to my insurance company, even though it was full uk spec.

Another thing that was affected was mandatory call backs, basicaly i never received a call back from Renault.
When Renault called back the Megane for updates, i had to rely on a service manager at a Renault dealership who i knew that informed me when there was a call back due, and there were many on the Megane !!
I think call backs are linked between the dealership and the DVLA, so if a car is registered outside of the UK the DVLA do not have that link with the dealership, i may be wrong here so check up on that ?

If your not making a fantastic saving then i would not bother, but thats just my opinion, going on my own past experience with imports.

RCZ1

Reaction score
I would go with what jactac says too. You Will get a lower trade in price when you come to change it. The other thing that would bother me too is that it's a 59 plate yet the RCZ was not released in this country until May/June 2010. Which would make them 10 registrations. If it's for sale at the dealer at what seems a cheaper price, that will be why.

A

Anonymous

should be a few k cheaper than a UK spec to buy and if u plan to keep it for a long term then the difference will not be noticable.if you plan to run for a year and then sell you will probably be stung a bit more