What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ GT Line rarity value?

Johnny V

Reaction score
Evening all, thank you for accepting me . I've got an absolutely mint 2015 GT Line in black with just shy of 63k on the clock. A new mot with zero advisories and fantastic history. The previous owners family had a dealership so it wanted for nothing!
I'm trying to get an idea of it's value and decide whether to keep it or not but can't find any GT Lines for sale in the uk to base things on.
Going by the government figures there's only 119 left in the UK and six sorn (including mine!) so it's definitely a bit of a rarity but are they any more sought after than the standard 1600? Cheers for any help.

M19YEA

Reaction score
Hi Johnny,

I’ve got a red GT Line, I didn’t realise there were only 119. Mine often gets mistaken for an R especially with the colour.
I know when I was looking around to buy 1 (Dec 22) there was a couple for sale.
1 in Bedford with 43k was around 10,500 then another in Derby with 35k and that was up for 11. The one in Derby wasn’t for sale long tbh.
Not sure if that’s helps much.
Michael

Lanciaman

Reaction score
Not wishing to hijack your thread but what is the difference between a GT and GT line? Curious!

M19YEA

Reaction score
There’s a few differences from what I’ve seen. Many people mistake mine for an R. Even when I put my reg number on sites like Opie Oils the R model is displayed.
Rear of the car is exactly the same as an R apart from the fixed spoiler. So it has the 2 chrome tail pipe exhausts.
Inside is a nice red trim around the seats, dashboard, steering wheel, same gear knob as the R. Suede and leather seats, these aren’t heated though.
On the front grill the GT Line badge is fixed.
It certainly has the looks of an R but not the 270hp or the suspension.

Lanciaman

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm new to rcz world and have a boggo 156 gt. Always interested to learn of model variants.

M19YEA

Reaction score
No worries, I’m no car expert tbh but I hunted around for a long time looking for an RCZ and I only ever seen 3 for sale of this model.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Basically the GT line is the last of the RCZ’s rear R lower defuser with twin exit exhaust and a slightly different interior similar to some of the Euro R’s nine electric leather and suede seats with red stitching sat nav etc,
Future values won’t really be any more than a GT spec car with the nav option.

Lanciaman

Reaction score
I'm not sure any rcz, other than the R, will have future values worth much. There's too much fear over the known weaknesses. And in the uk at least, if it ain't German, it's crap. Which we know is rubbish but the general market still seems to fall for it.

M19YEA

Reaction score
Yeah that’s all I’ve had since buying mine is “oh it’s French” :ROFLMAO:

Lanciaman

Reaction score
Yeah. That really gets on my..... Nerves! I've had 70 odd cars over the years. Without lying, the worst have been the one BMW and a merc. The Italian and French stuff were mostly very reliable. For me the rcz is an occasional toy. I'm well aware of the potential fragility but in turn I intend to maintain it 100%. I've been very jaded with cars the past 5 years but the rcz has ignited a spark of enthusiasm I thought was lost. Sure mine is only a 156 but I'm at an age where speed doesn't matter but I still love looking at it and the handling is just great. It's an occasion every time and that counts hugely.

M19YEA

Reaction score
I had a TT for 8 years and it was a nightmare, I still loved it but I’d certainly choose an RCZ all day long. I never get tired of looking at it.

Lanciaman

Reaction score
I wasn't looking for an rcz. At all. I was on the hunt for something cheaper to run than my 3.0 subaru. Fiat pandas etc, but somehow the rcz ended up with me. So not really meeting the brief! VAG stuff will never be on the radar. Was a bit tempted by the skoda superb estate but they rust just as badly as passats and Audis.

M19YEA

Reaction score
That’s what the RCZ is capable of, it turns heads. I had severe problems with rust on the TT in the end it had to go.