What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ firm ride, a possible solution avoiding new suspension

JoeF

Reaction score
The ride in a Peugeot RCZ, was for me very firm and that is how it should be to provide the handling characteristics the RCZ is favoured for. But for me, well north of 70 yrs, the ride was a little too firm. So I had cushions custom made for my RCZ, constructed with several inches of good quality upholstery foam topped with a layer of 1 inch of memory foam, inside tailored covers in black fabric.

There are 2 cushions, the seat and a back cushion. They can be used separately or joined together with a Velcro strip to make a set. The seat cushion has 2 elasticated hooks at the front and 1 at the back to securely fix it to the RCZ seat. The back cushion is secured to the seat cushion by the Velcro strip at the bottom and an elasticated strip and hook at the top for fixing around the RCZ seat back.

I used these for about a month and the improvement was significant, extra ‘suspension softening effect’ without having to pay for expensive new springs and shocks and without affecting the cars handling.

But, in the end my back does not tolerate the ride and so I have said goodbye to my lovely RCZ and now am offering these custom cushions for sale.

Cost to produce was £170, used for less thana month, selling at half cost, £85. Shipping to be paid by purchaser.

if anybody is interested, please call on 07554 795162.