What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ Event Organising Committee

RCZ1

Reaction score
RCZ Meets !

One thing that is clear is that there are lots of members who enjoy going along to RCZ Meets to show off their cars and and meeting fellow enthusiasts. This has got me thinking (careful my brain will start to hurt).

We should have an organised events diary whereby in the autumn / winter months we plan Meets in different areas of the country, throughout the coming year. That way members have plenty of notice to plan which events they might want to attend and we can give them as much information as possible about the day to entice members to attend.

Some areas of the country have regular Meets whereas some don't have any. We have members all over the country so we should be able to get good numbers of attendees at each location.
I'm thinking Yorkshire, Midlands, South East, South West, Scotland but open to any suggestions.

What we would need is volunteers. Volunteers who would be willing to give up a bit of their time to organise meets in an area that you know quite well. It would involve finding suitable locations to hold a meet where people can eat, suitable routes for a drive ending up at another suitable location for photographs or coffee etc. If people have their own ideas or want to do something different then that is perfectly fine.

Who would like to become a member of the Events Committee? post your interest in this thread. We can then all discuss possible future events and plan them. This will be in injunction with volunteers from the RCZ Owners Group too. We would choose a means of us all communicating together once we know who is interested. (It's easy to do on FB but not so easy here).

As a side note I have a long standing urge for a 3 day Meet which would be more about driving our cars on some great roads, staying over at a hotel each night, before setting off again on a new route and so on. Would anyone be interested in a road trip?

A

Anonymous

Hiya,

I've replied on FB, but count me in, as we have some ace roads in a North Wales. It is not a coincidence that Top Gear use our roads to test drive cars!

3 day meet, oh yes, I'm in!

TAC

Reaction score
Land's End to John o' Groats is the traversal of the whole length of the island of Great Britain between two extremities; in the southwest and northeast. The traditional distance by road is 874 miles (1,407 km) and takes most cyclists ten to fourteen days; the record for running the route is nine days.

3 Days you say :eusa-whistle:

Joske

Reaction score
Sint-Huibrechts-Hern - Limburg - Flanders
I live on the other side of the water, otherwise I'll be interested. :clap:

At this point I have a "small" other priority in life, I start building my own house, but in my mind I have the idea to make some kind of Western European tour/meet/trip at some point in time. -> Idea now is to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Peugeot's most beautiful with a 3 day or so meet. :thumbup:

But as I said, first things first, my house. :)

DanRo

Reaction score
TAC said:
Land's End to John o' Groats is the traversal of the whole length of the island of Great Britain between two extremities; in the southwest and northeast. The traditional distance by road is 874 miles (1,407 km) and takes most cyclists ten to fourteen days; the record for running the route is nine days.

3 Days you say :eusa-whistle:

Was looking at old posts and saw this comment of Tac.

Seems a good idea :D