What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

rcz engine fault

A

Anonymous

Hi people.
I brought my rcz about a month a go and it is a great car.
However about 3 weeks after I brought it the oil light came on When this happened so did the engine light . So I topped up the oil with 1l it was fine the engibe light went off and now 2 weeks later there is no oil light but just the engine light on and it has lost most of its power .

Do you any idea why this is and is it a common fault

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
cory rcz said:
Hi people.
I brought my rcz about a month a go and it is a great car.
However about 3 weeks after I brought it the oil light came on When this happened so did the engine light . So I topped up the oil with 1l it was fine the engibe light went off and now 2 weeks later there is no oil light but just the engine light on and it has lost most of its power .

Do you any idea why this is and is it a common fault

The EML can come on for many reasons so it is not possible to reply with what it could be. If you do not have a code reader for the car, then you will need to take it into the dealer or certified repair place for them to read the code to determine what the problem is.

Since you lost power it is in limp mode protecting the engine from further damage.

A

Anonymous

Only good manners to introduce yourself first. Common fault on the z, check technical section.