What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ chrome roof arches… water marks!

Georgiaxoxo

Reaction score
Hello!

My RCZ has the chrome roof arches and they get watermarked all the time… I tried autoglyn tire and bumper gel as someone on here suggested on another thread… it worked amazing, they were shiny and like new… for an hour.
Then it’s like that dries out and they go back to being dull again 😭

Does anyone know how to keep them shiny or how to seal it so that it doesn’t just dry out right away?

Any help appreciate

OkeyStokey

Reaction score
The arches are a common issue, and there are many posts about it. My personal view is there are 2 conditions.
1. Surface watermarks which are easily removed with the bumper gel. Or like in my experience.
2. The corrosion is under the protective coating. no amount of wiping or rubbing with any compound will sort it.
I even tried aluminium polish (which is abrasive) and it made no difference. I resorted to spraying with plastidip (matt black). Others have had them wrapped or resprayed.
Are yours dull all over or watermarked/spotted? I have never come across "dull all over" so we could have a 3rd condition!

Georgiaxoxo

Reaction score
The arches are a common issue, and there are many posts about it. My personal view is there are 2 conditions.
1. Surface watermarks which are easily removed with the bumper gel. Or like in my experience.
2. The corrosion is under the protective coating. no amount of wiping or rubbing with any compound will sort it.
I even tried aluminium polish (which is abrasive) and it made no difference. I resorted to spraying with plastidip (matt black). Others have had them wrapped or resprayed.
Are yours dull all over or watermarked/spotted? I have never come across "dull all over" so we could have a 3rd condition!
They go away when I put bumper gel on them then reappear once it dries down.
Mine are just watermarked and spotted.
I like them chrome so I don’t want to spray them black, just wondering if anyone knew of anything to keep them shiny 😔
I did read a thread once that said to do the tyre and bumper gel then to seal it but never mentioned how or what with.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
You have to wash your arches as normal then rinse off with bottle water and dry off (bottle water helps stop water marks)... Now use bumper gel and trim by autoglym not tyre stuff and it will stay good for a long time I only do mine twice a year as it does last..
Hope this helps you out
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Pedro

Reaction score
Autoglym for heavier staining works a treat but I now also use the stainless steel spray from B&Q which also cleans Alloys etc

Georgiaxoxo

Reaction score
You have to wash your arches as normal then rinse off with bottle water and dry off (bottle water helps stop water marks)... Now use bumper gel and trim by autoglym not tyre stuff and it will stay good for a long time I only do mine twice a year as it does last..
Hope this helps you out
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co
Sorry, he’s the bumper and trim gel is what I meant!
It just seems to dry in the sun and go back to normal.
will try it how you said, thank you 😊

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, he’s the bumper and trim gel is what I meant!
It just seems to dry in the sun and go back to normal.
will try it how you said, thank you 😊
After watching Verminator at meets go round offering his arch cleaning services I’m sure once applied he buffs the remnants off maybe your leaving it on? E1FE8679-E2F9-49F2-94BA-0AFBECC473F3.jpeg

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
No problem I’m sure the expert will explain how he does it 😁

Goose

Reaction score
Hello!

My RCZ has the chrome roof arches and they get watermarked all the time… I tried autoglyn tire and bumper gel as someone on here suggested on another thread… it worked amazing, they were shiny and like new… for an hour.

Does anyone know how to keep them shiny or how to seal it so that it doesn’t just dry out right away?

Any help appreciate
I use wd40 on mine

Kevin j

Reaction score
Hello!

Any help appreciate
Try baby oil, it works for me. Just put a little on a tissue and wipe over brackets.