What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ Asphalt - the details... (UPDATED WITH PICTURES)

A

Anonymous

The issue you will have is that the airbag from the original steering wheel is retained, and I am not sure that the fittings for the airbag are the same on 207 and RCZ. Therefore, if say the wheel was fitted and the airbag from the original 207 wheel was also fitted, then heaven forbid the airbag needed to deploy, you risk a number of issues, such as non deployment and even worse, the airbag becoming detached from its location, which will do more damage than good.

It is for this reason that Peugeot as a manufacturer, could never recommend anything that has been homologated for use on one model to be used on a different model without the required testing and approval from our Engineering Dept.

For this reason, I will repeat the statment from earlier 'we would not advise the use of these items on 207.

Regards,

Richard.

A

Anonymous

...understand your feelings on this - I wouldn't look to hold pug respsonsible for anything...

BUT...if the fittings are the same and the original RCZ aribag was used...?

A

Anonymous

I think you have already had your answer.

Peugeot do not advise using the bits on a 207..... they havent tested it , dont know if it works and could go pear shaped if you do happen to have a crash.

Anything you do after that is entirely at you own risk.

A

Anonymous

RCZGT200 said:
I think you have already had your answer.

Peugeot do not advise using the bits on a 207..... they havent tested it , dont know if it works and could go pear shaped if you do happen to have a crash.

Anything you do after that is entirely at you own risk.

...never mind...

A

Anonymous

At the end of the day people change bits/modify cars all the time...it really is down to you as the owner of the car.

If you think the mod you want to do is worth it then go for it but there is no way the manufacturer is going to give sanction on either an official or unoffical basis for untested changes due to the massive legal implications that can be caused.

Have you thought about having your existing steering wheel retrimed in alcantara ? im sure theres lots of places that can do that RCZ1 one of the mods on here had a fantastic leather retrim done on her RCZ's cloth interior :thumbup:

regards

Marcus

A

Anonymous

RCZGT200 said:
At the end of the day people change bits/modify cars all the time...it really is down to you as the owner of the car.

If you think the mod you want to do is worth it then go for it but there is no way the manufacturer is going to give sanction on either an official or unoffical basis for untested changes due to the massive legal implications that can be caused.

Have you thought about having your existing steering wheel retrimed in alcantara ? im sure theres lots of places that can do that RCZ1 one of the mods on here had a fantastic leather retrim done on her RCZ's cloth interior :thumbup:

regards

Marcus

Exactly :)

That's fine and not a problem, wanted to know if it can be done more than anything.

Yeh not a bad idea, never thought of that! :)