What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ 200

A

Anonymous

Backed car out of garage this morning and turned off ignition. 15 minutes later, back in car, key in ignition
and it would not turn hence no engine turnover possible and no lights at all for any dashboard display.
Urgent advice on rectifying this will be appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Do you mean the key isn't actually physically moving in the ignition?
Has the steering wheel locked up too?

A

Anonymous

In answer to yours - Yes and Yes! to your queries. Horn works, lights not checked as I am fearful of possible problems.
wing mirrors open and close, radio not working. I see the problem as electrical. No fuse is earmarked for ignition so
I do not want to tamper ad-lib so to speak. I am now waiting for an AA man to come on behalf of Aviva Insurance.
If he can indeed resolve the issue I will inform you about that. After a relative wealth of motors I find the RCZ
(& it's handbook) as in need of an overhaul. I do otherwise like the quality of it's offering.

A

Anonymous

I think you're inadvertantly turned the wheel with the key out and it's locked up. Put the key in the ignition and try and turn it (don't force it) and wiggle the steering wheel. It should unlock and the key turn. Hope that helps.

A

Anonymous

Please excuse me from being a complete prat. RAC (not AA) man came and did precisely what you said,

he wiggled the steering wheel and it fired up promptly. Thank you for your consideration.

A

Anonymous

these moments happen to the best of us :lol: enjoy the car!

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
If this had been a woman we would never have heard the last of it ! ;)

At least A GIRL knew how to fix it! :dance: I'll get a job with the RAC yet :lol:

A

Anonymous

I dare say that the Royal Armoured Corps could do with Ladies of motor mentality.

A

Anonymous

I've got a brand new car 1500 miles now some times I get in and turn the key and nothing move the wheel it starts