What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ 200 THP Problem / Issue!

RCZwonderboy

Reaction score
Hi, so I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced these issues with there RCZ 200

So about 5 months ago the car was putting itself in limp mode for a few days on start up cutting its power, it would eventually come out of limp mode and drive normally once it was running for a bit.

1 day it just wouldn’t start. I Handed it to a garage and they changed the high pressure fuel pump and the fuse that goes with it, it started initially but once it was turned off and the garage tried to restart it it had blown the fuse again so they said they need to investigate further the garage held onto my car for 4 months and sent the ECU away to Peugeot for a check up, I’d assume the ECU check was fine they didn’t say there was a issue with it over the phone when they got it back and they continued to work on it, they also changed the lambda sensor and a part that connects to the turbo they said and all seemed well they handed car back to me and i was driving it fine for about 4 weeks now, and now randomly the same thing has happened it won’t start and the electrics seem to be going haywire when I was trying to turn the ignition.

I am currently waiting for RAC pick up yet again.

Has anyone else experienced these similar issues and what was the culprit? I’d really appreciate your help. I am now considering getting rid of the car as it is costing a lot and i am loosing faith in it a bit, I feel I’m constantly going to be worried this issue is going to plague me and leave me stranded at the side of the road.

thanks for any help

RCZwonderboy

Reaction score
Is it actually turning over?
Nope, I suspect that maybe that fuse that’s associated with the HPFP has failed on it again possibly but I’m no mechanic, I am waiting on the RAC guy to see if he can do anything but I seriously doubt it, I had to get towed last time so I suspect same this time. Will soon find out when they arrive. Got to be an electrical issue.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope, I suspect that maybe that fuse that’s associated with the HPFP has failed on it again possibly but I’m no mechanic, I am waiting on the RAC guy to see if he can do anything but I seriously doubt it, I had to get towed last time so I suspect same this time. Will soon find out when they arrive. Got to be an electrical issue.
What condition is the battery in or do you know how old it is? These cars are very finicky with poor batteries.
There have been a few issues with the battery control units too.

RCZwonderboy

Reaction score
What condition is the battery in or do you know how old it is? These cars are very finicky with poor batteries.
There have been a few issues with the battery control units too.
The battery is only a year old, it did sit for 4 months with that garage while they waited to get to it and then try things so it would of went flat at some point but they charged it up before giving it back to me. Battery control unit, I will mention it to the RAC guy