What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rattling Noise During Idle - HDI

A

Anonymous

Hi All,

My car is an RCZ GT HDI with ~40k on the clock.

Recently I have noticed that it sounds a lot more rattly at idle than it used to, the car drives fine and no performance issues or noises when accelerating, braking, in gear, clutching etc.

It almost sounds a bit like a heat shield or similar is loose and is vibrating around during idle.

However I took it onto the dealer and they can't find anything wrong and have asked me just to keep driving it and go back if it gets worse. They assured me that everying around the engine was checked.

Has anyone else had this on their car, or know if is a common thing for the peugeot HDI 2.0L engine in any of the applications?

Any help would be great,

Cheers,

renegade79

Reaction score
a_french said:
Hi All,

My car is an RCZ GT HDI with ~40k on the clock.

Recently I have noticed that it sounds a lot more rattly at idle than it used to, the car drives fine and no performance issues or noises when accelerating, braking, in gear, clutching etc.

It almost sounds a bit like a heat shield or similar is loose and is vibrating around during idle.

However I took it onto the dealer and they can't find anything wrong and have asked me just to keep driving it and go back if it gets worse. They assured me that everying around the engine was checked.

Has anyone else had this on their car, or know if is a common thing for the peugeot HDI 2.0L engine in any of the applications?

Any help would be great,

Cheers,

hey,

my Hdi has over 50k on the clock and no problems like you mentioned. The diesel engines are going to be a bit noiser than petrol but like you said a heat shield/guard may have moved or become distorted due to heat and/or general use and the vibration of the engine may sound like its more rattly than before. If the dealer says its ok then don't be too concerned but do keep an eye (or ear) on it.