What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Rattles..... agghh

A

Anonymous

I hate rattles in cars!!

Although my car is only a few days old I have noticed some rather irritating rattles.

One of the loudest is a vibrating/rattling noise that comes from the central armrest/holder. When it is down (closed) and cruising along, it rattles - I open it, hold the latch and it stops!! Any thoughts on remedying this one (I have tried playing the CD one already!!).... Driving with one hand on the steering wheel and the other holding the armrest holder open is not the way I imagined an RCZ to be driven!!!!

Any comments/remedies/advice would be grateful.

JB

p.s 5 days into driving the RCZ and loving the despairing look of TT drivers looking at my RCZ in sheer jealousy!!!!

A

Anonymous

Is the latch closing properly? I had a similar problem but after forecfully closing the latch it was ok?

A

Anonymous

I get rattles in my car i find sometimes the rattles come and go but if its continues see peugeot about fixing the rattle (they should fix it for free they did for my fault)

A

Anonymous

jb77 said:
One of the loudest is a vibrating/rattling noise that comes from the central armrest/holder. When it is down (closed) and cruising along, it rattles - I open it, hold the latch and it stops!!

I had this for the first few weeks.
Doesn't matter what you do, it'll rattle.
Then, for whatever reason, it will suddenly stop and you will never hear it again.

It must be down to the number of times you open / close it. After a while, it just settles down on its own accord.

That's one rattle to scratch off your list. Hopefully, you won't have any / many others.
This car is pretty good for not having rattles :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

There is one really annoying rattle that just goes on and on, no matter what i've tried it just wont go away, so i've decided that the wife will have to travel separately.
It's the only solution ! :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

Hi, Had the same problem with noise from armrest. When you open the armrest fully there is a small rubber mat in the bottom of the armrest. If you remove this there are some Torx screws.Try tightening them - worked on mine. No more rattles.

A

Anonymous

Only rattle I have experienced and I was looking all over for it was the key rings I had on the key soon as I took the culprit off it stopped.

Opal white GT with type 1 matt stripe.

A

Anonymous

gadgetpuk said:
Only rattle I have experienced and I was looking all over for it was the key rings I had on the key soon as I took the culprit off it stopped.
Similar to me Pete. Took car back to dealership complaining of a rattle. Went for a test drive a there it was!! Yipee I thought.......... until he reached down and removed an empty tin from the shelf by the steering wheel and noise gone for good. :roll: :oops:

tianorth

Reaction score
I got the dealer to put a felt tape across the catch, as it was rubbing on the square opening for the catch to lock into. Mine only happened on very hot days after the car had been standing for a few hours. So far so good but its not been that hot since winter, British summers great way to cool down!

A

Anonymous

I was driving and heard a rattling sound coming from around the passenger seat area. It even happened when I stopped at the traffic lights.

"Weird" I thought. Adjusted the passenger seat, took out the drinks bottle from the side pockets.

The sound continued; I was mystified.

A week later I discovered the issue. It turns out if you put a bit of paper into the glovebox, the cooling fan likes to blow if around and make a lovely rattle.

:shame:

A

Anonymous

JWT said:
I was driving and heard a rattling sound coming from around the passenger seat area. It even happened when I stopped at the traffic lights.

"Weird" I thought. Adjusted the passenger seat, took out the drinks bottle from the side pockets.

The sound continued; I was mystified.

A week later I discovered the issue. It turns out if you put a bit of paper into the glovebox, the cooling fan likes to blow if around and make a lovely rattle.

:shame:

I've also got an annoying sound coming from the passenger seat... usually when the needle goes over 200kph... Noticed if I remove the wife from the passenger seat the sound disappears :beer:

A

Anonymous

2 years hard driving and 3 kids in the car - no rattles at all .
Lucky I guess.