What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Radiator fan not always on after a ride

Sergei

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Does your RCZ always turn the electric radiator fan on when you switch the engine off after a ride? It seems like mine doesn’t. Well, it still does but not every time. I used to think the fan should start each time to keep cooling the engine down. Now I’m confused.

The reason I’d put my attention to this is I’ve kind of felt the heat while passing near the hood this morning and didn’t hear the cooler spinning. Thus, I’ve opened the hood and the metal plate you push to open was surprisingly hot. Nothing criminal under the hood tho. The dashboard indicator also tells it’s never over 90 degrees.

Should I be worried? Thanks in advance!

PS. It's 2015 200Gt if it matters.

Pedro

Reaction score
The Fan will only kick in if the temp is exceeding the normal range (see temp clock) this usually occurs with an abnormal cooling problem is detected by the ECU & can include the following faults (Thermostat failing/ Engine temp sensor fault/coolant leak/low coolant level sensor triggered showing stop message warning on dash) there is one other anomaly with the Zs to take note of & that is if you thrash the Engine from a cold start when you come to slow down or stop the Fan will be full on because the ECU has detected the coolant temp increasing rapidly before it has switched the Electronically controlled water pump on to properly control the flow of coolant into the Engines cooling systems
The only time to be concerned is when the coolant level falls below its lowest level with no visible signs of leaking/ when the fan will not switch off after a period of 15 mins or longer & trouble with the heater system not showing any change from hot or cold

Sergei

Reaction score
Thanks Pedro! No signs to be worried then. The coolant level is fine. I've actually replaced it all recently with the new one and that's the primary reason for me to keeping an eye on the cooling systems in general. The fan kicks in from time to time so I guess it's working fine and it knows what it's doing :)