What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

R STYLE GEAR KNOB

smarty

Reaction score
TRIED TO FIT THIS TO 63 PLATE HDI 163, PROBLEM WILL NOT GO INTO REVERSE AS AS THE PART THAT LIFTS ON THE GEAR SHAFT, WILL NOT TRAVEL UP TO WRIGHT PLACE TO ALLOW TO GO INTO REVERSE, PUT OLD ONE BACK ON OK GOES INTO REVERSE NO PROBLEM,

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Do you have the red or the black?
Only the black had publishing saying it would not fit. But, it was myself that proved it fit. It is the same gear knob, purely with a different colour.

Maybe the pull bit wasn't positioned right when you put the new knob on?

A

Anonymous

kaminski said:
i seem to remember that there was some indication by pug that this wont fit the hdi... if thats the case you have been hoodwinked by this forum and desrve an aology sir...

i have a 61 plate HDI and had it done by my dealer (black version), fits fine and reverse is not a problem. i think i was among the first to get it done :thumbup: no hoodwinking here :clap:

A

Anonymous

Bare in mind that, even if there is an issue, Abzynthe was only trying to help and took time out to do so.
He has nothing to do with whoever the OP bought the gear knob from. There was no misleading going on - he offered information on his experience, its up to each individual what they do with that info.

A

Anonymous

Abzynthe said:
Im stumped. I have the red one fitted in my HDi and its 100% working. :-|

Sounds as though someone has a malfunctioning knob :eek:

Abzynthe

Reaction score

Abzynthe

Reaction score
We cant be 100% sure, but all the parts on service box for the gearbox are exactly the same.

I am happy to volunteer my gear knob to any facelift HDis at the meet in May for a test fit.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
As previously mentioned in another thread. The gear knob is a push fit and there are no threads.

A

Anonymous

kaminski said:
I dont think its a good idea to keep pulling the thing off.. i always thought that there would be a thread involved.. plastic o r whtever.. and these things are really meant to fitted once and once only.. i just wonder why pug saying it doesnt fit the hdi.. we all have 6 speed boxes and gates are the same? lOOKS LIKE IT IS THE COLLAR THAT IS THE PROB

The way it's designed means you could pull it on and off 50 times and it would still fit as snug as the first time , we fit loads of this design , so don't worry about that :beer:

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
smarty said:
it was the red one, tried it again today still cant get reverse with it on, old one ok,

Did you purchase the gear knob from us (please PM me with your invoice number if so)?

If so then we know what part code you were sent (a direct RCZ 'R' replacement which is Red), if not what part code did you order?

As mentioned, it was only the black insert unit that had mention of not being compatible with the RCZ HDi, but these have been installed and tested and fully functional.

We are not aware that the transmission has changed in any way in regards to the gear lever in Phase I and Phase II RCZ's.

We await your response so that we can fully understand the situation.

A

Anonymous

smarty said:
Yes purchased the gear knob from you, it was the red one,

All that I can say, is that I tried it on Abz HDi and loved the feel and it works perfectly :eusa-think:

renegade79

Reaction score
I think I'm going to wait to the yorkshire meet to see one in the flesh before I buy one. I have the HDi aswell. Looks very smart though

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
renegade79 said:
I think I'm going to wait to the yorkshire meet to see one in the flesh before I buy one. I have the HDi aswell. Looks very smart though

We have the Group Buy going on through to the 10 May 2014 and so after the Yorkshire Meet you and others can add their name to the list. We hope that during the meet the issue reported here is rectified and so we hope to get feedback on the findings.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
After working with the customer we believe the problem has been solved as we have not heard from them in a while, and their is nothing wrong with the gear knob.

A

Anonymous

smarty said:
Yes sorted now , no problem now, looks good
thanks

sorry didnt get back b4 been on hols,,

So what was the problem?