What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

quick tip for wheel cleaning

A

Anonymous

Dunno about the rest of you but my black wheels are a nightmare to clean or seal the reason being my hands dont really fit in between the spokes and onto the inside walls and behind the spokes etc. The amount of brake dust shed by the RCZ must qualify it for the Guiness book of records........I know for cleaning a brush will do the job but I've been hurting fingers for months with rigorous application of the wax sealer with its piddly small sponge and then getting them all scraped and scuffed again when buffing /polishing with the cloth.

Anyway............just found a spare sponge mini paint roller refill and they're brilliant for applying the sealant/wax - just saying like :clap:

A

Anonymous

good one Ron

A

Anonymous

Wow brill pictures and fantastic wheels! Which type of wheels are they?

A

Anonymous

They're the Sortilege 19” Black Onyx ones - tbh I wanted the Black onyx solstice but hey ho I couldnt wait

You'll notice I've kerbed them slightly (at 9 o clock in bottom pic) but used permanent marker to disguise the fact...............Does anyone know if the touch up paint is available yet?

A

Anonymous

H12RPO said:
They're the Sortilege 19” Black Onyx ones - tbh I wanted the Black onyx solstice but hey ho I couldnt wait

You'll notice I've kerbed them slightly (at 9 o clock in bottom pic) but used permanent marker to disguise the fact...............Does anyone know if the touch up paint is available yet?

lovely wheels a kind of gunmetal grey :cool: black is too much and is too boy recerish in my opinion for the rcz and also from a distance you cant differenciate the wheel from the tyre on totally black wheels but horses for courses as they say :thumbup:but great idea i just squeeze and pull and push a normal car sponge in the area closer to the centre of the wheel

A

Anonymous

H12RPO said:
good one Ron
Sorry H12RPO still unsure how you intend to get that roller behind the spokes, to do the flat part of the wheel. I assumed that was the bit you was struggling to get your big mitts into.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Why don't you just take the wheels off when you are sealing them every 3 months?
Well I couldn't as I don't have a jack !!! Was planning to but a trolley jack but am concerned that I may damage Pearl2 :oops:

A

Anonymous

yeah still got to get the handies in through the spokes to do the flat part Ron but the sponge does the spokes and the bit immediately behind the spokes thus saving lots of scrapeage to the knuckles.
@ Helen, Actually, I just picked up a trolley jack today and may just do that cos when I cherry iron x'd them, the discs got that surface orange and then a quick drive later and all the spokes again covered in orange dust !!!!!!

A

Anonymous

H12RPO said:
yeah still got to get the handies in through the spokes to do the flat part Ron but the sponge does the spokes and the bit immediately behind the spokes thus saving lots of scrapeage to the knuckles.
@ Helen, Actually, I just picked up a trolley jack today and may just do that cos when I cherry iron x'd them, the discs got that surface orange and then a quick drive later and all the spokes again covered in orange dust !!!!!!
Who is Helen ? :oops:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
RCZ1 said:
Why don't you just take the wheels off when you are sealing them every 3 months?
Well I couldn't as I don't have a jack !!! Was planning to but a trolley jack but am concerned that I may damage Pearl2 :oops:

Well ronaldo i have done it 2 times with her indoors corsa's jack and it aint the easiest thing to do even using axle stands as the jack points are feeble in the rcz jack points construction as i have buckled one so be carefull if you decide to do it best get a hydraulic jack and a axle stand and couple of wee bits of 4x2 wood just for a bit reassurance :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Remove the tyre just for the purpose of cleaning? Too much for me...

RCZ1

Reaction score
kkrcz said:

No, not just to clean. Take them off to get them really clean before applying your wheel sealant / wax of choice. Easier to seal when the wheels off the car. Only have to do it every 3 months or longer depending on product used.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
kkrcz said:

No, not just to clean. Take them off to get them really clean before applying your wheel sealant / wax of choice. Easier to seal when the wheels off the car. Only have to do it every 3 months or longer depending on product used.

My wife already warned me not to spend too much time on the car than the kids... :cry: