What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Quick Question About Air Con...

A

Anonymous

Hi - I'm new here and just recently got my RCZ. I love it to bits but I've got a problem with the air con and was just wondering if anyone else had experienced anything similar.

My air con blows out warm air whatever temp I have it at. I've had the whole system drained and re-gassed twice now and there isn't any leaks. The technician who looked at it seems to think there is a discrepancy in pressure??

I just had my major service done at Peugeot and they didn't have a clue...

Any suggestions...

Thanks

RCZ1

Reaction score
Do you just have it set to A/C or climate control? Just wondered as mine is always on CC but I know member Jactac feels that his Air Con does not get cool enough.

A

Anonymous

I've tried it on both CC and AC...

I've tried both at starting the car from cold and after about an hours journey but it just doesn't seem to get cold at all. It was just blowing warm air round today.

A

Anonymous

I've just found out that it's the Aircon Pressure Switch that is faulty.

Does anyone know if this is a complicated thing to change? The garage can't fit me in for a week or so and was just wondering if it was a major job?

Anyone had experience of this?

Cheers

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 is right in saying I believe the A/C is warmer on its coldest setting than any previous cars I've had.
Lately I've tried running the car with C/C in auto and I find it maybe, just maybe a bit colder on its lowest setting compared to when just using the A/C.

I think though mine does need regassing as it's not used enough throughout the year and apparantly this can cause problems.

In general I dont the C/C or even just the A/C is the best I've experienced over the years.

A

Anonymous

Dean6 said:
I've just found out that it's the Aircon Pressure Switch that is faulty.

Does anyone know if this is a complicated thing to change? The garage can't fit me in for a week or so and was just wondering if it was a major job?

Anyone had experience of this?

Cheers

If you change the switch, will you still need a re-gas ?
I cant imagine this being a major job though.
How did you manage to find out the fault ?

A

Anonymous

My Air Con is still playing up! Not good especially with how hot it is at the moment!

I've had the Pressure Switch replaced - that did nothing - I was then told it was the Electronic Thermostat Housing that was faulty. Got that changed today and guess what...... it's blowing out more hot air than before!

It also seems like my temperature gauge has gone up. What are peoples usual running temperatures?

A

Anonymous

I suspect the temp gauge is engineered to show 90 unless something dramatic happens. I have a bluetooth obdII adaptor and the Torque app on my phone, you can watch the actual temp reported by the ecu and it will vary by +/- 5 degrees or so depending on driving conditions, but the cars temp gauge never so much as twitches. I don't know what event would be considered significant enough for the car to allow the gauge to change from the standard 90 reading.

So, yes as Kerry says, 90 is the norm to be displayed to you but if you want to be hyper accurate, especially if diagnosing some issue grab an obdII connector and the Torque app.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

That sounds a bit more promising then... Before the thermostat was changed, the temp gauge was hovering around 50 but going up to 90 if stuck in traffic. Now its on 90..

I have just been told that in order to get the Air Con working again, I just need to get the error code cleared that was pointing to the thermostat.

Fingers crossed.....