What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Question for lucky owners?

A

Anonymous

I have been reading up on the instruction manual for my RCZ, which I am hoping will be delivered next week, and have a question for those lucky people that have already taken delivery.
The car seems to be bristling with technology and seems to do everything except steer itself! The manual seems to say that there is a built in phone and you put a Sim Card in to make it work. Just wondered if anyone has done this yet and how well it worked? How practical do you find this and do you need to keep taking the Sim Card out of your mobile to put in and out of the car?

Hope that makes sense and pleased to hear from anyone who can help?

A

Anonymous

I think that is an option for the SatNav/Media Center upgrade.

Obviously totally impractical to swap the SIM cards every time you use the car. Easier to use the bluetooth connectivity which gives you full access to your address book, call history etc. from a stalk on the steering wheel. You can also stream music from your phone via the bluetooth connection.

Once you have paired your phone and the car's bluetooth, your phone should then automatically connect to the car's BT as soon as you get in it and all calls should be routed through the bluetooth connection.

A

Anonymous

(Please bear in mind I don't have my RCZ yet)

I believe it is part of the NG4 satnav media kit. I can understand alan_hay's comments about swapping sim cards all the time....but how cheap is a sim only (or even pay as you go) contract?

I will be putting just such a SIM in mine....when I get it!

karen110267

Reaction score
I have put a payg sim card in mine as it contacts the emergency services if the air bag goes off, you can still connect your other phone but its there just in case.

A

Anonymous

My last 2 Peugeots had had the sim slot in the sat nav.I always use it. Got myself a free PAYG sim the top up when needs be. I have always found it great to use. Don't run the battery down on my mobile and the voice control works perfect, just push button on end of stalk and say 'Call Office' and it call the office for me. I am assuming/hoping the NG4 Satnav has the same facility. Plus as Karen says above the emergency service call feature is handy to have but lets hope never needed.