What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Quad exhaust

A

Anonymous

Do all 200BHP GTs come with quad exhausts? I bought mine used and it has a quad exhaust....I haven't seen another one anywhere with all 4!

A

Anonymous

Willfox1983 said:
Do all 200BHP GTs come with quad exhausts? I bought mine used and it has a quad exhaust....I haven't seen another one anywhere with all 4!

Nope. It was a limited run option and part of the feline pack. The first owner would have chosen to add it. It's a great option though isn't it? It really balances the rear of the car and adds symmetry to match the double bubble roof. I love mine.

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Willfox1983 said:

Nope. It was a limited run option and part of the feline pack. The first owner would have chosen to add it. It's a great option though isn't it? It really balances the rear of the car and adds symmetry to match the double bubble roof. I love mine.

Yeah it does look good! Does it add anything in terms of noise or performance?

A

Anonymous

Unfortunately it doesn't have any impact on either. It's not a true performance exhaust and, while it is a full exhaust system, it is really just there for aesthetic purposes. It does that bit well though.

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Around £650 as I recall.

Wow. I've got the vision pack on mine too, which isn't that cheap. And the black solstice wheels. It's got pretty much everything except the sat nav.

A

Anonymous

Willfox1983 said:
mrizzle said:
Around £650 as I recall.

Wow. I've got the vision pack on mine too, which isn't that cheap. And the black solstice wheels. It's got pretty much everything except the sat nav.
Lucky boy then ;)

A

Anonymous

Chuzzbutt said:
Willfox1983 said:
mrizzle said:
Around £650 as I recall.

Lucky boy then ;)

I wouldn't go that far, all the paint is coming off ;-)

A

Anonymous

Willfox1983 said:
Chuzzbutt said:
Willfox1983 said:
mrizzle said:
Around £650 as I recall.

Lucky boy then ;)

I wouldn't go that far, all the paint is coming off ;-)
Still got your sense of humour so its not that bad then ;)

misterx

Reaction score
Willfox1983 said:

Mine came with a quad exhaust, new from the showroom two years ago. It was nothing but trouble. I had to go back about six times to get the right-hand pair (as you look at the back) refitted because the brackets kept coming loose or disintegrating. The local dealer (Robins & Day) was very supportive but unable to fix permanently. All work was under warranty of course. After the seventh time, earlier this year, I was offered £700 credit towards servicing etc if I agreed to have the culprits removed altogether. I agreed. I was also told that the option of quad exhausts had since been discontinued due to this issue.

A

Anonymous

misterx said:
Willfox1983 said:

Mine came with a quad exhaust, new from the showroom two years ago. It was nothing but trouble. I had to go back about six times to get the right-hand pair (as you look at the back) refitted because the brackets kept coming loose or disintegrating. The local dealer (Robins & Day) was very supportive but unable to fix permanently. All work was under warranty of course. After the seventh time, earlier this year, I was offered £700 credit towards servicing etc if I agreed to have the culprits removed altogether. I agreed. I was also told that the option of quad exhausts had since been discontinued due to this issue.

Ah that makes sense as I asked the dealer when ordering mine about adding quads. He did the classic intake whistle (the one plumbers do when you ask how much) and said they aren't available.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

RCZ1

Reaction score
You can still buy the quad exhausts from RCZ Performance - the Zunsport ones. The same ones Peugeot supplied. Peugeot only had so many units and sold their allocation so that's why they don't supply anymore. You can still buy them from RCZ Performance and Peugeot will fit them for you and will still be covered under warranty. Another member on here did this.

Blog: http://rczandme.wordpress.com/

A

Anonymous

misterx said:
Willfox1983 said:

Aaah, so i can blame you for not being able to order the quads for my RCZ ;)

A

Anonymous

Mine were fitted two years ago by a dealer who had never fitted them before. Not had a single issue with them. I do not believe that they were withdrawn due to problems, but believe that they were a limited option and came to the end of the run.

A

Anonymous

As RON says, there was a limited production run of the feline kits and, once these numbers were sold they were not, restocked/sold by Peugeot. They were not "withdrawn" as such.

A

Anonymous

They really did under estimate how popular that addition would be!

A

Anonymous

xzibit206 said:
They really did under estimate how popular that addition would be!
Well they certainly did get something wrong. I thought that it was a lot of money, but as it really did improve the symmetry of a perfect rear that "what the hell" and went for it. Never a days regret :thumbup: