What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Pure Highway 300Di

A

Anonymous

Afternoon,

I'm getting a Pure Highway 300Di fitted on Saturday:

http://pure.com/products/product.asp?Pr ... ory=In-Car

I'll try and get the fitter to let me take some snaps of it as it goes in. Should be a nice addition to the NG4 sat nav giving DAB radio and iphone music playback (which all of you with the normal radio have had all along).

i'll let you know how i get on.

Dave

A

Anonymous

first update.

i went along to halfords in cambridge for the fitting this afternoon but left without the system being fitted. unfortunately there is no room on the windscreen to mount the active aerial. The space at the sides of the windscreen is too narrow, and the area in the middle is covered with a back film which wouldn't allow transmission of the signal.

apparently there is an alternative option using an internal aerial. halfords will get on to Pure on Monday or Tuesday and find out about this option, or the possibility of splicing the existing FM aerial.

ho hum!!

dave

A

Anonymous

Hi not being sarcastic, but is there anything on Digital Radio that makes it worth the punt for all this kit?

Go on, sell it to me!

A

Anonymous

i like listening to sport whilst travelling and there are a number of digital only stations (e.g. 5 live sports extra, BBC olympic channel this summer) . there are a number of other music ones which are DAB only, but I want it mainly for the sport. i think it's a personal preference as to whether it's worth it. the change-over won't be for 2+ years - it's two years once they have achieved adequate coverage ). Other option is to stream audio from an internet enabled phone, but there are a number of games which aren't covered on the internet version of the station.

i think it's a bit like marmite really.......

A

Anonymous

So, to sum up - did you get the Highway fitted to your RCZ? Did you have it wired through the existing aerial, or a film antenna, or what?
(Considering one for my March delivery!)

A

Anonymous

Hi there

I didn't get it fitted in the end. It isn't possible to use the existing aerial because of filtering for an FM only signal. Halfords don't currently have a suitable internal active DAB aerial. I'm sure it's possible to get someone else's active aerial and change the connector to the FACRA one used by the Pure unit, but I am more tempted to wait until after March when the Pure unit is available from all retailers and then someone can fit the whole thing for me.

Cheers

dave

A

Anonymous

Many thanks for the update. Something else to lightly cross off my wishlist!