What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

puncture

VASS

Reaction score
Puncture today, my first one

Luckily both fronts were due a change and this puncture is in the front offside.

(15k miles)

Tyre company do call outs so it can be done while I'm at work :)

bill to follow......

VASS

Reaction score
Re: puncture (Valve sensor failed)

2 x Conti contaact 3's valve[1]?, balance £ 445 + vat

[1] Valve? cheeky buggers, they have to leave the valve as its a sensor to the dash[2] they cannot replace this

[2] that apparently failed as I have no dash warning so its booked in Friday.

A

Anonymous

Which part of the extra options pack on the RCZ do the "sensor valves " come under ?
I had them on my old Renault Megan, They never worked correctly !
Had them replaced numerous times, in the end i just gave up and went to standard valves. :(

VASS

Reaction score
as far as I know they were fitted as Standard (GT spec)

if not, i appear to have an extra I didnt know I had

maybe they are on the wheels but the electronics are not in the cabin ?

A

Anonymous

it's not on the GT as standard as fair as i know, but is part of the vision pack (xenon headlights etc)

hth

A

Anonymous

Vass do you have the vision pack ?
I think eyetiepie is correct, i can remember the sales guy saying something about the vision pack ? But cant remember his exact words as i was busy running around drooling & clapping like a nutter when i clapped my eyes on th e RCZ in the showroom. :crazy:

A

Anonymous

Got a nail in my tyre one week after picking it up!unrepairable so £224 and that was with a 20% discount!gutted!

A

Anonymous

You could go 235/45/19 which is a little cheaper or even 235/50/19 if theres room,which is cheaper again, obviously if you were changing the size then all 4 would need to done. Also the speedo may get thrown out marginally if you go for a bigger size, but nothing major.

I've just found a brand new 235/40/19 budget brand, but still rated "y", which is what the more expensive tyres are, on Ebay delivered free for £95.

UPDATE : I was a bit concerned with these prices so I just rang 3 local (Swansea) tyre fiting garages, cheapest budget 235/40/19 "y" rateing, was £95 fitted, going up too £175 fitted for Continental/Bridgestone type of brand. Including valve, balancing & vat.

Thankfully there are options out there, other than just paying £220 through the nose for a tyre !!

VASS

Reaction score
well this is goint o be interesting then

If you dont know my story, I have a replacement RCZ GT after Peugeot took mine from me after the clutch problem.
They found another car of similar spec, just the wheels were different.

Maybe i've got a cobbled together miss match of parts on this replacement?

I'll call the dealer, no point making the trip to check if somethings not working if its not actually fitted.

A

Anonymous

Could be that your wheels that went onto the "replacement" car had valve sensors to go with the vision pack that was on your old car, but the "replacement" has not got the vision pack so even though your valves are the sensor type, your "replacement" car has not had that option fitted. Does the "replacement" have the "vision pack" ? :eusa-think:
If it does have the vision pack and the wheels have the sensors then there must be a fault some where? :(

If does not have the vision pack then your sensor valves are of no use. :(

All i know is that the vision pack is NOT standard on the GT, and the sensor valves are part of the vision pack option.

VASS

Reaction score
You're right, the dealer confirmed, no pack fitted, just the wheels have redundant sensors

normal valves can be fitted.

Just beware folks, tyre fitters are know to smash these when changing tyres, I'm not suggesting they replace them with standard valves, but how would yo know?
£ 100 replacements! ouch

A

Anonymous

Short of letting a tyre down is there another way to test the tyre sensor?

A

Anonymous

I'm sure i read that if you have the "vision pack" which supports the tyre sensors, you can run a test via the cars onboard dash display . :eusa-think:

These sensors do seem to be a bit of a thorn in the bum, the ones i had on an old Renault Megane never worked correctly, i found that in the winter they would false alarm due to the temperature and in the summer they would not alarm even if the tyre pressure had dropped.

Some gadgets that are put on cars these days are very very good but then again there are some are not so good.

Theres nothing like going round the car and kicking the tyres, it's a tried and tested method, :lol:

A

Anonymous

Hi Guys, I did a tyre pressure test on this many months ago which is on the forum. The tyre sensor will kick into action at a pressure around and below the 25psi mark. A picture of the car showing all 4 wheels will appear in the onboard display with the offending wheel being indicated. If a wheel is removed from the car the display will also show up. This is for cars fitted with the vision pack only.

Regarding buying cheaper tyres for your RCZ, in my opinion you pay your money and you take your choice. Buy cheap budget tyres and you get what you pay for in performance, longevity etc. Better to buy a top 10 brand at a discount price in the correct size for the car. :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

I 100% agree with your tyre comments, my point is there ARE cheaper options out there, so dont be put off buying a 19" wheel just because a 235/40/19 tyre is hard to come by, it is not, they are out there whether it be a budget or a higher grade. They will both have to pass the "speed rateing", and the budgets that i was quoted for, did indeed have the same rateing as their more expensive counterparts.

I think the question regarding the sensor valves was, "can the system be tested WITHOUT deflating the tyre". Removing the wheel is an option but this will only indicate that the onboard display has lost contact with the valve sensor, it does not indicate a drop in pressure on the tyre. It's basicaly alrming as it cannot find a signal from the valve, because it has been removed outside it's signal range, if you took the wheel off and kept it close to the car you then probably find a signal again ?

I think then to get a true alarm, indicating loss of pressure, you have to deflate the tyre, watching the display to see when it activates, then take the tyre pressure reading, you can then use the onboard compressor to re-inflate the tyre.