What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Po299

wayne75

Reaction score
Ok I have a 2011 1.6 htp and have the fault code po299. The car belongs to a friend who took it to a local garage who did a diagnostic test and said it was the boost pressure sensor which they replaced. My friend then collected his car and within a day eml light on again and same symptoms, so now he has bought it to me and I got the po299 code come up saying turbo charger low boost pressure. Can anyone give me some advice as where to start looking as don't want to just chuck parts on randomly and wasting his cash. Thanks to all in advance

Wayne

Pedro

Reaction score
That code can relate vac leaks wastegate issues as what can happen is solenoid fails & Turbo cannot create a boost pressure

rc06bas

Reaction score
I had the same on mine. Turned out after lots of money on parts to be the wastegate needed a slight adjustment on the actuator arm to close fully under boost. Adjustment at you own risk..

wayne75

Reaction score
I had the same on mine. Turned out after lots of money on parts to be the wastegate needed a slight adjustment on the actuator arm to close fully under boost. Adjustment at you own risk..
Are they a standard wastegate or electronic wastegate

wayne75

Reaction score
That code can relate vac leaks wastegate issues as what can happen is solenoid fails & Turbo cannot create a boost pressure
The garage who looked at the car before me diagnosed it being the boost pressure sensor and changed it but it has made no difference as it is throwing the same code back up again

rc06bas

Reaction score
Are they a standard wastegate or electronic wastegate
Standard. Vacuum operated. Fully open when engine off then idle it should be fully closed. If you take top heat shield off you will see it clearly. M6 threaded bar. Try and push it towards battery when on idle. Gets hot quickly. Be careful. My hands have proof lol 😆

wayne75

Reaction score
Ok so new information passed onto me by the owner the garage replaced the boost pressure sensor so I have fitted a upgrade on the diverter valve what the customer forgot to tell me was the garage took the new boost pressure sensor off as the engine light came back on brought up the same code so they didn't think that was the cause of the code, hence why I upgraded the diverter valve after doing some research. So my question is could it now be the boost pressure sensor aswell or the map sensor or something else

wayne75

Reaction score
Which way do I need to adjust please as will try that next

rc06bas

Reaction score
Which way do I need to adjust please as will try that next
If you take top heat shield off you will see it clearly. M6 threaded bar coming out the actuator, two nuts either side of the wastegate arm. This moves in (pulls to the right) as the engine starts and pulls the wastegate closed. Now try pushing it (hard)more. If it moves it needs adjustment until it can't move. (Closed) The vacuum releases when needed which causes venting from the diverted valve.

wayne75

Reaction score
If you take top heat shield off you will see it clearly. M6 threaded bar coming out the actuator, two nuts either side of the wastegate arm. This moves in (pulls to the right) as the engine starts and pulls the wastegate closed. Now try pushing it (hard)more. If it moves it needs adjustment until it can't move. (Closed) The vacuum releases when needed which causes venting from the diverted valve.
Cool thanks mate for that info will give that a go when I get 10 minutes spare