What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Plastic Under Engine Guard

Milky Bar Kid

Reaction score
Good afternoon all

After some advice on the replacement of the large plastic guard that sits under the engine and gearbox.

Mine came off today, after being run into the gulley by a twat oncoming vehicle.

It's broken in one of the centre mounting points and both rear.

Are these plates interchangeable with other Pug models before I start ringing local scarp dealers and finding out if they have any.

Alternatively, is the guard necessary?

Any comments and suggestions greatly received.

Thanks

Steve

Pedro

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your incident with a raving nutter ! The "Sump Guard" as they are sometimes referred to by some dealers techies are shaped to fit the profile of the sub frame on different variants therefore I doubt you could replace the Zs from one off another Peugeot model & its primary function is to protect the belts &the sump pan & upper Electrical wiring & sensors being contaminated from debris & other pickups including water spray under the car from the wheels etc
You could leave it off but not advisable otherwise why would they fit them in the first place if you get a replacement you can order the fittings from the dealer or scrounge around for some 8 or 10 mm screws & bolts to refit the replacement
Good luck ;)

DKZ5745

Reaction score
If you can’t fix it with duct tape, your not using enough duct tape 🤔

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Is your car petrol or diesel... If its diesel the 308cc has the same engine and the RCZ is on the same running gear /shell... And I know that a lot of RCZ parts have been used off the 308...
Worth a look... Hope this helps you out with what you are looking for.
Stay safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Mrrcz

Reaction score
my one is cracked near the front and Bernie the bolt is missing but I think I can fix mine with glue.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
If you can’t fix it with duct tape, your not using enough duct tape 🤔