What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Planning to buy 156 rcz

A

Anonymous

Hello world, I'm planning to buy a used 156 Rcz 2011 model and was concerned about the engine fault and coolant level issues . Is this car worth the money ? please advise

RCZ1

Reaction score
Forums always highlight the problems in a car but I wouldn't let that put you off buying the RCZ. I had the timing chain problem but that was swiftly resolved by my dealer. I love the RCZ and will be buying the facelifted model next year so it has not put me off ownership, far from it. The RCZ is a great car to drive and economical too (for me anyway). Go on spoil yourself ........ And welcome :)

A

Anonymous

And I've had two of them and just ordered my 3rd, had no trouble with the last 2 and expect the same from the thired.

I guess the only thing you need to be aware of is your buying a used car so like any, you need to see the full history of it and get it fully checked.

Good luck I'm sure you will enjoy it

A

Anonymous

I think as well, like most cars, people usually only pipe up when something goes wrong.

You never see a thread titled "Today I had a day where nothing went wrong with my car" without being cynical :p

A

Anonymous

I have yet to come across a car that some people didn't encounter some issues with! However, it's worth remembering cars like the Mk1 A-Class which had to be recalled because of their tendency to fall over. Toyota having to recall 2.77 million of their Prius models because of a steering shaft defect. In some ways, comparatively, the RCZ is an icon of reliability for most!!

This isn't a dismissal of some of the issues that some owners have experienced with their RCZs but these problems are not widespread. Infuriating and disappointing for those that experience them but there are many owners who have had no issues whatsoever. To be honest, you take a gamble when buying any car.

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
I have yet to come across a car that some people didn't encounter some issues with! However, it's worth remembering cars like the Mk1 A-Class which had to be recalled because of their tendency to fall over. Toyota having to recall 2.77 million of their Prius models because of a steering shaft defect. In some ways, comparatively, the RCZ is an icon of reliability for most!!

This isn't a dismissal of some of the issues that some owners have experienced with their RCZs but these problems are not widespread. Infuriating and disappointing for those that experience them but there are many owners who have had no issues whatsoever. To be honest, you take a gamble when buying any car.

Keep going ! Nissan and the brake fault, Hyundai and the steering and brake fault, Vauxhall and the brake wiring faults and the radio fault across the entire range....... where do we stop ?

A

Anonymous

Thank you guys for the useful input really appreciate it very much ! I loved this car because of the nice lines and styling and most important it's not as it shows people would expect such a car with tons of horsepower ! I say that because a I Have owned a 550 horsepower car and was driving like crazy and could not control my self ! Till the moment I had to realise that I'm a guy with a family . I still need a stylish car but not so speedy and found rcz fits my needs. I only mentioned the engine check and coolant level issues as I found many people complaning about the same problem so had my doubts that it could be a manufacturer defect. Also Peugeot has some know technical problems with some of its models, so wanted to make sure that I am not wasting my hard earnined money!

A

Anonymous

I have owned my car since March last year, the oil sump had a leak when I first got it, apart from that not the slightest problem. Every make and model has some problems.