What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Picked up RCZ today - You Won't Believe This!!!

A

Anonymous

Sales guy said our RCZ would be delivered today definitely, phoned dealer at 11am to be told it arrived today at 9.30am - where was the phone call?

Went to pick it up at 1pm, saw paperwork which said our RCZ had actually been delivered on 16th September, sales guy then tried to cover this up by saying "I know they even get the paperwork wrong". Sales guy then went away and then produced a delivery note with today's date on it. It was obvious that the date had been tippexed. I lifted this piece of paper up and could clearly see that the tippexed out date was actually 16th September. When we questioned the sales guy he then said "ok I admit it came in late Friday". When he was questioned further, he confessed that it did actually arrived on Thursday.

Get this - we had actually gone into the dealership on Friday 17th and asked whether it had been delivered, he told us to our face that it had not come in yet but it would definitely be here on Monday. Now I know why he could be so sure that it would be delivered on Monday - because it had been delivered on Thursday!!! The car was hidden out of view in a compound.

He gave no real reason as to why he lied.

Personally, we think the customer care we received was appalling.

Any thoughts by you guys???

BTW - Absolutely loving the RCZ, it's just a real shame that our handover experience ended up being such a sour one.

A

Anonymous

I really don't think that some dealers understand the meaning of "customer service".
I also think that some dealers think we were all born yesterday and are totally stupid.

Unbelievable. :x

A

Anonymous

what away to treat someome whos spending the best part of 25k on a car i would of been very tempted to tell the sales man to take the car and park it up his backside, anyway i hope you enjoy you new RCZ mate iv had my one for 2 weeks now and i love it!

A

Anonymous

hi i think i would have been really annoyed but i think if you had cancelled it you may have regretted it i just cant think why he did it

RCZ1

Reaction score
That is appalling. Why do they feel the need to lie and then to go to such extremes to try and cover it up?

Customer service does seem to be a low priority for some dealers.

I tried to ring my dealer today and the phone rang........ and rang........... and rang............ and rang ...........and rang.........
in the end I gave up.

Tried again middle of the afternoon. The phone rang...................... and rang.............. and rang............. and rang........
until it was eventually answered by a man (not the usual receptionist). I asked to speak to my salesperson and was told they were on the telephone but they would get them to ring me back in 5 minutes. ......... I'm still waiting ..... :crazy:

A

Anonymous

Some dealers don't seem to care at all! Anyone would think they don't want our money. As RCZ MATT said we're spending the best part of 25K and they should be falling over themselves to see to our every whim, not treating their customers like second class citizens. I think a strongly worded letter from you wouldn't go amiss in this instance as clearly your dealer has lied to you. It certainly seems to fall into the 'name and shame' category.

A

Anonymous

Maybe I'm just a bit thick but I just don't get why he'd lie about it arriving (don't get me wrong I understand that he did lie about it). I don't get what he hoped to achieve, it's not as though he could borrow it for the weekend, it's not going to count as a sale until it's sold. If he didn't have the people to PDI it then just say so, sounds like he was just being a ****. Beggars belief.

FGRob

Reaction score
That's certainly not good service, but please remember you have your opportunity to comment on the service you have received from the garage when Peugeot sends out their Customer feedback questionnaire - I understand there maybe some kind of payment tied into this feedback as they are points based - a low number will result in no payment.

Rob.

VASS

Reaction score
I got the followup phone call about my recent visit and voiced my feelings about my whoole experience, the woman asked for my opinion of what would make things better, "A cash sum" was suggested... its gone all quiet now (Pug dealership near Pompey)

A

Anonymous

feed the jerk to the dogs . . what a f%**ing cheek . . hope your new baby more than makes up for that tosser

A

Anonymous

Do you think we should be asking for some form of compensation, if so what should it be?

A

Anonymous

You should be getting a feedback form from Peugeot. I also got mine yesterday but will be giving them a glowing report.

A

Anonymous

That's terrible Customer Care or is it Don't care! I would have been rather miffed if someone lied to me about the delivery date. Shop them on the Customer Survey. There is space for free text.

A

Anonymous

The sales people are not getting commission on the RCZ yet so aren't too bothered if we walk. Once you have signed your order form (contract) can you really just walk away?
P.S I don't sell cars.

A

Anonymous

I suppose if you walked away you would lose your deposit.

With regards to the customer care we received, the matter is currently in the hands of the head office group directors. They have asked us what we want. Don't really know what to ask for to be honest :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

I assume that Peugeot Dealers will have a weekly sales report/target. Now, I don't know how you've paid for the car but if for example it was on finance of some form, the deal would go through this week instead of last week's reports? Not sure how it works, but it could be down to something like that. It would be a better excuse anyway other than the employees there just being thick as mince.