What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Peugeot Service Help

N7CmmdrSten

Reaction score
As the title says, I have a service plan with Peugeot, my rcz recently showed that she needed a service, and as I'm almost certain the garage that I bought it from did not perform one beforehand, I asked them to do a major service and change my spark plugs.
This is 5 months earlier then expected, and the first service was planned to be a minor service.
Fine there's a charge as it's earlier then expected and there's bit quite enought in the pot for the plan yet.
It's gone in, come back with no stamp, no checklist only a visual check report, oh and no new spark plugs either. It is now going flat parked overnight for more than 8 hours, which was not a problem before.

Question is, what paperwork do they give you, a visual check is not a service checklist, I've been told that they wouldn't have looked Tcthe battery???? Erm, a battery test is part of a service?
Am I expecting to much, they seem to be having difficulty understanding that the service schedule is earlier than a year, and it needs to be major,minor,major not how they plan it the other way around.

Thanks guys, I'm absolutely fuming but don't want to kick off until I know a bit more, never used main dealers before so.....(never had a car good enough to warrant it!)

Pedro

Reaction score
Take it Back & demand they do it again as you have no proof the car has been serviced if they mess you around mention trading standards then they might take note you mean business
The visual check is basically a checklist of all the service components that HAVE been changed plus condition of bodywork wheels brakes & tyres etc assuming they are a proper Peugeot (Stealer) dealer this what my eldest sons Focus ST gets when his goes in & I make sure beforehand what needs doing just in case they try to p*** him off with excuses

N7CmmdrSten

Reaction score
Take it Back & demand they do it again as you have no proof the car has been serviced if they mess you around mention trading standards then they might take note you mean business
The visual check is basically a checklist of all the service components that HAVE been changed plus condition of bodywork wheels brakes & tyres etc assuming they are a proper Peugeot (Stealer) dealer this what my eldest sons Focus ST gets when his goes in & I make sure beforehand what needs doing just in case they try to p*** him off with excuses
Thanks, that's what bothered me as I was expecting something stating, X has been changed, THEN visual check ok. It's booked in on Thursday, gonna take the battery off this weekend and put it on charge. That's what they did with spark plugs, oh we've not charge you as it's on next year's so we just swapped it, to oh no we didn't do it as the system says it doesn't need it. We if ores what the customer said!!!! Sorry, don't mean to be short but this has really irritated me!!

Flanners

Reaction score
Have to say Peugeot are very cloak and dagger when it comes to paperwork, the warranty work I have had done has never been stated in paperwork of any kind that they have been willing to give me and that's at two different Dealerships; it's on the system as I saw it on the screen over the life of the car but nothing for my service history purposes?!

N7CmmdrSten

Reaction score
Have to say Peugeot are very cloak and dagger when it comes to paperwork, the warranty work I have had done has never been stated in paperwork of any kind that they have been willing to give me and that's at two different Dealerships; it's on the system as I saw it on the screen over the life of the car but nothing for my service history purposes?!
That could be entertaining then, if they can't provide written records of work done I'm going to be going mental. Been there done that with previous garages and you need records!! Did have a courtesy call to ask how everything was! That was fun.

N7CmmdrSten

Reaction score
Update,

So they actually did do the service this time including the spark plugs. No offer at all on the battery despite them screwing it up, had to push for the book to be stamped and records.
New battery bought and installed, service contract cancellation on Monday. Disgraceful.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
There's some con garage and dealers wanting to make more money out of you when they sell you a car and don't honestly want to do work as hopefully they will get away with not having to do anything or to pay out....

Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

N7CmmdrSten

Reaction score
There's some con garage and dealers wanting to make more money out of you when they sell you a car and don't honestly want to do work as hopefully they will get away with not having to do anything or to pay out....

Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co
Yeah, lesson learnt. Just kinda gutted yknow, figured I've finally bought myself a nice car, let's get it done properly even if it costs.......and, yeah. Ah well, bits are done now. Have a reccomendation for a private garage my big bro used to take his classic cars to so, we shall see what happens come MOT time in September, hopefully all ok until then!

thornebt

Reaction score
I always think of batteries as 'consumables' similar to tyres and brakes. You know that they will give up at some stage but the new battery you replace it with will last many years. When they start to play up I replace them rather than suffer their unreliability. I took a battery to the local garage many years ago and they put their heavy duty tester on it and said they had never seen a battery as dead as my one. I told them that it had started the car the day before! Apparently batteries are like that - they can dramatically fail in no time at all. They are strange beasts!

Woodso

Reaction score
I always think of batteries as 'consumables' similar to tyres and brakes. You know that they will give up at some stage but the new battery you replace it with will last many years. When they start to play up I replace them rather than suffer their unreliability. I took a battery to the local garage many years ago and they put their heavy duty tester on it and said they had never seen a battery as dead as my one. I told them that it had started the car the day before! Apparently batteries are like that - they can dramatically fail in no time at all. They are strange beasts!
When I got my RCZ, car was fine for 2 weeks, had a cold snap and the battery went down. Got a replacement under warranty. As you said, good one day, dead the next.