What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Peugeot reinventing its naming policy around the central ‘0’

A

Anonymous

PEUGEOT PRESS:

The Peugeot Marque is reinventing its naming policy around the central ‘0’ as part of the development of its internationalisation strategy. In future, Peugeot will choose to use the end digit ‘1’ for all its new ‘conquest’ models and permanently fix the identity of all models with an end digit ‘8’ for future products.

It was in 1929 with the 201 that Peugeot began its characteristic three-digit numbering system based around the central ‘zero’.

The naming system used by Peugeot, going back through history, was structured so that:
- the central zero corresponded to the identity of the Peugeot marque
- the first digit represented the segment size of the vehicle
- the end digit indicated the generation of the vehicle

This system evolved at the end of the ‘90s, incorporating double letters to qualify the derived body type (CC and SW). Since 2005, it has been supplemented with the central ‘double zero’ which qualified the models that have had a taller body structure, such as the 3008 and 5008.

In 2012, further International development has led the marque to now reinvent its naming policy further.

From now on, Peugeot models will no longer change their number when they are renewed. Permanently fixing the numbers will simplify the understanding of the range and assist in establishing it further.

The ‘0’ indicates the genetic code

The central ‘0’ represents the genetic code of the Peugeot marque and so is retained.
The first digit: symbol of the segment
The first digit indicating the vehicle's segment (or size), regardless of the market in which it is sold, is also retained.
The end digit is a response to new challenges and new ambitions

Expansion into new markets at an international level calls for the launch of new models in the large volume segments at the heart of these markets.
In future, these models will take their place in the Peugeot range and bear new names: numbers with an end digit ‘1’.

Designed specifically to fulfil new customer expectations, these new models will offer value for money and status and will supplement the range of models that from now on will remain with the end digit ‘8’.

The Peugeot 301 is the first of these new models to bear the contemporary stylistic codes of the Marque. These new models will distinguish themselves in their segments through dynamic handling and driving enjoyment - qualities that define the Peugeot brand.

The construction of the names with an end digit ‘1’ will be the same as for the models with an end digit ‘8’. Numbering with 3 or 4 digits, depending on the design of the vehicle, with:
- the first digit indicating the vehicle's segment positioning
- the ‘0’ or ‘00’ identifying the Peugeot genetic code
- the end digit being either ‘1’ or ‘8’.

Models with ‘1’
Following the example of the 201* characterised by strength and economy, in its time, the ‘1’ will represent the Marque's value for money models in their markets that offer status that fulfils customer expectations centred around practicality of use, versatility and vehicle requirements.

Models with ‘8’
All models that already bear a number with an end digit ‘8’, such as the 308 and 3008, will keep their name when they are renewed and generation 7 models will be replaced with an end digit ‘8’.

Throughout its history, Peugeot has had the expertise to combine exacting standards with emotion and it is on this foundation that the Marque has established itself, reinventing itself in keeping with market trends and requirements as it extends its international range enhancement.

Attachments

• PEUGEOT 301.jpg
    PEUGEOT 301.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 21,945
A

Anonymous

Wow...I'm putting this down to tiredness but that article utterly baked my noodle on the first scan!

A

Anonymous

:lol: yeah this is a fairly accurate observation!! :)

In my defence, I have had something rather unpleasant to try to deal with that has got me quite distracted (but this is neither the time nor the place). However, the forum is proving an excellent diversion at times. Sorry folks, will be back on better form shortly I hope!!

A

Anonymous

Re: Peugeot reinventing its naming policy around the central

Well i ain't likely to buy another pug so it's all double Dutch to me. Read it after work last nite @ 12 couldn't make head nor tail out of it and after good nite's sleep had another go and still lost. Oh well :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

I thought it was just me. Obviously not :clap:

A

Anonymous

Does that mean it'll be the RCZ1 or RCZ8 :lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

bigmac3161 said:
Does that mean it'll be the RCZ1 or RCZ8 :lol: :lol: :lol:

:beer:

frankvdb

Reaction score

Saw a 301 in the street here in China yesterday:

Interestingly, they also sell the 308 here.

frankvdb

Reaction score

This is the Chinese 308:

Recently PSA started a joint venture with Dongfeng which brought in much needed capital.
In East Asia there is a preference for sedan models and I quite like the 301 and 308.
They will be important for the survival of the brand.
Also, the design is much better than that of the 307 sedan that uses similar taillights as the SW:

There are some hatchbacks here, like the 307 and 207 (which is actually our 206+) and VW Polo, Audi A3 and new Mercedes A.
Also SUVs are becoming more popular here.

Another thing I noticed here is that all taxis and buses in the cities drive on CNG (natural gas), probably also to reduce smog.
Two of those taxis I used ran with the Check Engine Light burning and it was quite obvious in both. The first didn't keep the engine revs stable and the second had a complete lack of power.

RCZash

Reaction score

Interesting very interesting :?

frankvdb

Reaction score

Well, you should be aware that the main reason why the German premium brands are doing so well is because of their sales in the new markets (China & South America).
If PSA wants to survive they will need to have a share of that.
The main reason why Opel/Vauxhall are struggling is that they're part of GM and GM only allows Chevrolet to operate in the new markets leaving only established markets for Opel/Vauxhall.

The Peugeot offering in China is confusing; they also sell the 408, so that's 3 sedan models of the same size:

A

Anonymous

4008 is sold in russia too, it's mitsu asx with peugeot logo actually.

Отправлено из моего iPad используя Tapatalk