What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Peugeot RCZ

David Spry

Reaction score
Hello friends, I have a RCZ, 200 HP manual, it has only got 65,000 ks on the clock, I have a few weeks ago, a few oil drops, now it is getting worst, what do people think it is??, and am stressing out, what it could be??, I only had it service approx 1,000 ks ago, and was all OK, It was done in another state!!, should I be worried??, or hopefully it may be simple??, I'm not sure where it is coming from, but seems in the middle, of the car!!, please give me the bad news first, and will it be expensive??, or could it be something simple!!, where I live it is about a few weeks, just to get a mechanic to have a look!!
Whats your thoughts??
Many Thanks
David

Pedro

Reaction score
Did they replace the sump plug crush washer when service was carried out ?

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Could be as Pedro stated sump plug washer not replaced or over tightened.. May also be timing chain tensioner that has worked loose and just need to be nipped up

David Spry

Reaction score
Thanks friends
will ask my, mechanic, to check, on Monday, I have never had a oil leak before, I have a habit, of thinking the worsed??
many thanks
David

lfe

Reaction score
You have to see the engine from below, removing the plastic cover that has the engine underneath.

Nearby I can rent an elevator for €15 an hour. I've already used it to change the oil.