What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Peugeot RCZ Keys

A

Anonymous

They're nothing exciting... same old keys Peugeot have been using for the last 6+ years (I admit this was one of my disappointments with the car - I was expecting something a bit fancier!!)

A

Anonymous

P90James said:
They're nothing exciting... same old keys Peugeot have been using for the last 6+ years (I admit this was one of my disappointments with the car - I was expecting something a bit fancier!!)
Me too! Proximity card, push button start, or finger print recognition!!

A

Anonymous

me im happy with the well tryed and tested keys-cannot see a prob with them personally

A

Anonymous

i agree give me a good old fashioned key any day I dont want some fancy card thing :lol:

A

Anonymous

My current Renault has the card and push button start. I'm going to miss that. I must admit I was very surprised to find that the RCZ still used a key. For a car of this specification I expected something a bit different.

A

Anonymous

keys are better...Some premium cars using card technology charge £2000 for a replacement (as some card keys need to be mapped to a specific control unit otherwise thieves would have a field day with the new snoopers out there. Some insurance companies are lobbying for card keys to be stopped until the security is better or the price lowered.

A

Anonymous

Yes, I thought there would at least be a Starter Button - used in conjunction with a key rather than a card.

There's nothing like feeling the engine roar into life powered only by your Index Finger :thumbup:

Not disappointed with the key though, it does what it needs to do.

Starter Button would have made it that little bit more special :auto-car:

A

Anonymous

I have Keyless Entry/Go on my Merc & yes, I miss that on my RCZ, especially when I'm leaving for work at 3.45am & I'm fumbling about trying to get the key in the ignition because it's too dark-even in the garage. BUT, keyless entry/go drains the battery in my Merc key fob all too quickly & I'm then having trouble opening the car which is very irritating, & if you 'have' to unlock the door with key, it does'nt de-activate the alarm, so you then have to manually de-activate once inside.

I have to just say this once again, believe me, the RCZ (especially GT) is fantastic value for money because of all the standard gadgets you would pay a fortune for in something else, & although it's not cheap, by todays standards, it's not very exspensive either. My neighbours like a certain Japanese make of car, & pay similar money to the Sport RCZ, and they have Keyless Entry/Go. But I hate them (the cars that is not the neighbours) because the interiors are bland, cheap & very, very plastic & I would'nt touch them with a barge pole! :thumbdown: But even my E-Class doe'snt have a leather or even a realistic leather-look dash & it cost over double the money I paid for my RCZ! And the Sat Nav in my Peugeot is supremely better in every way & I paid over 2K for the Sat Nav in the Merc, 6 & a half years ago.

So to me personally, the look of the key is totally un-important-I'm more than happy with it, as I don't think we can really moan. This car, according to one car mag, is "outstanding value for money" as it is! :D

I suspect that when they bring out an updated version down the line (a long way down the line hopefully), that Keyless go may be an optional extra...it should be by then, but then they will probably up the price too, which is fair enough! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

One of my big pet hates is loads of keys on a key ring, on my car key I only have one other key and that's my house key.

I think it would be great if you could have two flip keys to one key (If you know what I mean) and the second key you can have your house key.

or a compartment on the back of the Peugeot key which will allow for a retractable house key.

Or maybe I should stop drinking coffee late at night or wine too early in the morning.

Beef

A

Anonymous

The only thing different I'd like to see regarding the key isn't actually about the KEY but rather the ignition...ilumination around the key port is standard on so many other cheaper cars I was surprised I could barely locate the ignition the first time I was in the dark (literally :lol: ) so maybe Peugeot could add that to the next model.

A

Anonymous

BangorRCZ said:
The only thing different I'd like to see regarding the key isn't actually about the KEY but rather the ignition...ilumination around the key port is standard on so many other cheaper cars I was surprised I could barely locate the ignition the first time I was in the dark (literally :lol: ) so maybe Peugeot could add that to the next model.

Yes, that would be a good addition. I too am struggling to find the key slot in the dark mornings and nights. I am still finding it difficult not trying to start my car with push button as well. I'm not used to these keys, my previuos Renault had a card and a push button start.

:beer:

A

Anonymous

MARTHAMAY22 said:
But I hate them (the neighbours that is not the cars) because the ..........

MarthaMay22 :!:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

:eusa-shhh: ;) :eusa-whistle:

:greetings-wavingblue: