What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Peugeot RCZ Convertible on its way

A

Anonymous

Ok CAR magazine in the UK has gone into detail on the new convertible that is incoming they are saying that it is going to be a folding metal roof, which this was planned from the start that is why the RCZ has such a large boot to accommodate the roof with ease without having to alter the overall design to fit it.

Doing it like this saves money and on varying body panels from model to model and will make it that there will not be as much of a sudden design change like the 308 to the 308cc.

A

Anonymous

A folding roof and keeping the curve design !

Sounds good :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:

Not to me it doesn't I have owned two new Astra TwinTops. Folding metal roofs are rattly and have a tendency to leak like sieves. Thanks but no thanks :thumbdown:

RCZ1

Reaction score
OO58RON said:
Not to me it doesn't I have owned two new Astra TwinTops. Folding metal roofs are rattly and have a tendency to leak like sieves. Thanks but no thanks :thumbdown:

Did you suffer leaks with your twintops Ron? I've not had leaks in either of my two convertibles ( not Twintops) despite forum reports saying there were problems with leaks, roofs jamming, etc - just goes to show not all cars suffer from the same problems :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

bring it on ron...hope there will bee some jazzy colours though and a standard quad or centre exaust.

A

Anonymous

I only had minor water ingress. Enough to get a musty small and mould but nothing like the reports on the forum. It made horrendous reading. Frightened the living day lights out of me.

A

Anonymous

my previous was a 308cc and have had a 206cc, no probs at all with roofs.

A

Anonymous

I once rejected a 206CC due to a leaking roof but the replacement was relatively fine and no problems at all with the 308CC.

FGRob

Reaction score
tomy90 said:
Ok CAR magazine in the UK has gone into detail on the new convertible that is incoming they are saying that it is going to be a folding metal roof, which this was planned from the start that is why the RCZ has such a large boot to accommodate the roof with ease without having to alter the overall design to fit it.

Doing it like this saves money and on varying body panels from model to model and will make it that there will not be as much of a sudden design change like the 308 to the 308cc.
The car as been built and is sitting in Austria or France - too expensive to produce so this will not happen - old story really it was covered in my trip to the plant, along with the facelift which will happen in 2012.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
jactac said:

You cant get many more rattles than the RCZ that we have now so why worry :eusa-whistle:

RCZ1

Reaction score
jactac said:
OO58RON said:
jactac said:

You cant get many more rattles than the RCZ that we have now so why worry :eusa-whistle:

Having owned 2 convertibles you do get some rattles which I suppose is to be expected. My sister has had numerous BMW convertibles too and I have to say her's rattled a whole lot more than my Peugeot and Vauxhall convertibles ever did :eusa-think: . Just to clarify I don't have any rattles in the RCZ - trust me on that one :!: Only on an extremely bumpy road do I get a rattle, but it does have to be very bumpy :!: But then, what car wouldn't :?:

RCZPeter

Reaction score
I'm changing in an astra convertible I've had for 8+ years (soft-top) - never leaked at all. My wife has a tigra (tin-top) - also no leaks. Anyway, any current leaks do not compare with older convertibles - i had a soft-top TR7 which was a swimming-pool half the time!
It's great to have a drop-top, but I can't see the unique style of the RCZ surviving this - tin or soft.

A

Anonymous

its just a matter of time before it happens ie.................a convertible rcz, the cars silouette demands it