What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Peugeot / Alpine EZi-DAB Unit?

A

Anonymous

Has anyone had one of these fitted? I picked up a leaflet at the dealers today, which gives RCZ compatability for this at £284.99 including fitting, which, on the face of it seems expensive, considering it seems to be a rebadged Pure Highway, but does include the fitting.
My main concern would be what the head unit looks like on the dash.
Any thoughts?

A

Anonymous

Good question as I was looking at the exact same thing this week. As you say it's a rebadged Highway 300Di. I too was looking for some piccys of where they might install the controller on the dash but my searches haven't drawn any returns. :(

I didn't think the Peugeot price was too bad for the Alpine as they retail at about £180 and require an additional antenna at around £30 plus there's the fitting of the control unit and controller head etc. It'd also safeguard your warranty on the audio system too so that's always worth considering too.

I thought the AutoDAB looked interesting also - mostly as it's all hidden away and uses the existing remote on the stereo to control it with no additional unit to clutter up the dash (and it's also a little cheaper). Trouble is everywhere I look it seems to suggest that it's only compatible with the VDO RD4 head unit and not the NG4 which is what I have. However, looking at the leaflet from Peugeot it seems to suggest that it's fully compatible with the RCZ (and therefore I'd presume that also includes the NG4) so who knows? Maybe someone could throw some light on this too?

Sorry for the hijack - I'm going to give the dealers a call I think and see what they say if I can't turn anything further up. I'll post back here with what they say regarding both units, where the Alpine control head is installed to etc if need be.

Cheers. :)

A

Anonymous

Thanks! Any report would be useful. I too had dismissed the AutoDAB on the same assumption as you - maybe I'm wrong!

A

Anonymous

Hi there, sorry I cannot give any further information but I would also like to add DAB radio to my car when she arrives. If anyone out there knows anything about it, please respond....

A

Anonymous

In the end I bought the kit and I'm going to install it myself as I've done a few of these things. Will get some photos up once done.

A

Anonymous

Lufcfan assuming you are from leeds ? Whereabouts?

Opal white GT with type 1 matt stripe.

A

Anonymous

Not far off - Brighouse. I'm often over in Leeds though... Have a few friends who live down The Calls and I'm around Elland Road a fair bit also :)

A

Anonymous

I live in Middleton and I am often at the white rose and the ring road I quite often pass elland road at weekends.

Was it you in Leeds town centre near Richer Sounds on Sunday? We waved but not sure you saw us.

A

Anonymous

gadgetpuk said:
Lufcfan assuming you are from leeds ? Whereabouts?

I didn't spot the significance in the name until you pointed it out!

lufcfan - I'm really interested to see how you get on with this mod! It's not something I could do so good on ya! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

gadgetpuk said:
I live in Middleton and I am often at the white rose and the ring road I quite often pass elland road at weekends.

Was it you in Leeds town centre near Richer Sounds on Sunday? We waved but not sure you saw us.

Unfortunately not on this occasion - spent all day in bed Sunday with this horrible sickness bug which has been going around. I wave at other RCZs too if I see them so if anyone spots FD12RYZ floating around feel free to give me a BIG wave - it will be returned! :-D