What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Peugeot 208 - U1213 Fault Code - Auto Brake Fault

HishamAlam

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone dealt with this problem before?

My Peugeot 208 has a "Automatic Brake Fault" (Auto Brake btw not ABS). The car was in a crash and I have fixed everything else wrong with it but cannot figure out how to fix this issue.

The scanner says that the error is caused by "communication with the ABS / ESP ECU and the power steering" but that doesn't really help much to identify what's causing the error.

(I don't want to take it to a Peugeot Dealership because I'm sure they'd try to charge me a ridiculous amount or get me to replace the whole thing)

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks,

-H.

zob2001

Reaction score
Hello Pal,
Did you figure out what was wrong? I'm having same issues it comes as Automatic Brake Fault

Charlie1875

Reaction score
Hi, I have come across this fault with a couple of 208’s I sold last year, if your 208 is fitted with the city brake as Peugeot call it, it has the laser/lens at the top centre of the windscreen encased within the rear view mirror, the lens and the inside of the glass windscreen where the casing sits will be dirty. Mine had dead flies in it.
carefully remove the rear view mirror casing and the laser/lens is clipped in place, disconnect the wiring plug remove the lens and clean it along with the windscreen glass, carefully refit everything and it may cure your problem.

it worked for me on 2 different 208’s, hope that helps

zob2001

Reaction score
Hi
What year were the 208s?
A local auto electrician it's the ABS pump because car was hit on left side and had some nasty damage/impact.