What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Permanent and Ignition Power

A

Anonymous

Hi all,

Newbie here. Owned my RCZ for 18 months (11 plate diesel) and popped on here for the 1st time. I'm trying to hardwire a Thinkware F770 dashcam and using two piggyback fuse taps. I needs a permanent 12v and an ignition switched 12v. Can anyone point me in the direction of the correct fuses?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that. However, I was looking to simply tap on to a couple of existing fuses rather than butchering on to a couple of wires. I have routed all the cabling to the fusebox (and earthed behind glove box) and just need an ignition powered switch. All seem to be permanently on :s

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I fitted front & rear Dashcams, piggybacking fuses. I honestly can't remember which ones I ended up using, but I went for ignition controlled for both. I remember just using the trial and error method, as it doesn't matter what fuse you choose - because its piggy backed, the original fuse rating will still apply to the circuit it was intended for. The only time that wouldn't apply is if the original fuse was lower rated than the Dashcams, but as the Dashcams fuses are rated so low, that wasn't an issue.
If I get chance, I will have a look tomorrow and maybe take a photo.

tianorth

Reaction score
I think I did another post where I or someone else fitted cameras and went through which fuse I used and which earth in the fuse area I used.

A

Anonymous

For future reference for anyone
F6 for BATT
F3 for ACC

Works a treat. Lets just hope the permanently installed dash cam doesn't tempt the scallies to pop a window!

How good is your rear view camera? I have the option of purchasing as an add on for mine but can see it being not much use in any type of wet weather due to the shape of the rear window and no wiper.

I'm Manchester based so it rains here most of the time

tianorth

Reaction score
My rear screen's video is the same quality as the front.
If there is water vapour or rain drops on the screen when i start moving it run off and the camera can see out of the top of the screen, get some great views of the water cascading down the screen.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Mine is fitted centrally at the top of the screen. Obviously if it is steamed up then there is nothing much to see, but as Chris has said, the water run off clears the outside quite quickly & is quite a sight on playback.

Sorry I didn't get back to you, but I haven't had the car for the last couple of days, my OH has been using it.

tianorth

Reaction score
Not going on the forum, or Facebook, or Internet, pining after your car, worried about it, hoping it doesn't get muck, or damaged, oh the joys of owning a RCZ.
Have you re-viewed the footage yet to see how the RCZ was treated?

:oops: :oops: :oops: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :D

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I daren't look in case of what I might see :eek:

But I did get chance to give it a good fettling this morning :D

Attachments

• IMG_0784.JPG
    IMG_0784.JPG
    252.9 KB · Views: 5,088
A

Anonymous

I daren't look either unless it gives me an 'incident' notification

A

Anonymous

Wimmy1 said:
For future reference for anyone
F6 for BATT
F3 for ACC

Give that man a beer. :beer: I was very confused to find the v12 socket and windows fuses were giving power without ignition. Using F3 sorted it!