What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Pearl2 went to the detailer - PICS ADDED

A

Anonymous

Well today was the allotted day for Pearl2 to have her detailing day. So off she went to see the nice man from Swissvax lets call him Glyn (because that is his name) Well he said that the RCZ was the best looking car on the road at the moment. (couldn't disagree) Was surprised that he said so as he does work on some very expensive cars. Glyn also said that the paint work was in one of the best conditions he had seen too. That is contrary to one off our members (don't recall who) who took their RCZ to be valeted almost directly from the showroom, to be told that it was in awful condition.
I would so like to post pictures that I took of her in all her glory, But I've been trying for the past three hours and have given up. I simply cannot work it out. Take it from me she looks Awesome and her paint work feels like (I imagine) a babies bum. The price was less than I have paid in the past for the dealer to Supa gaurd or Autoglym it, and glyn spent the whole day toiling on my specious lady :thumbup:

Pictures now added

RCZ1

Reaction score
Re: Pearl2 went to the detailer

Hi Ron

I so want to see some pics of Pearl2 in all her glory. Nice of Glyn to say that the RCZ is one of the nicest cars out there at the moment. I know he details some exceptional cars :thumbup:
Pearl2 will be very well dressed now. Which wax did he apply, you know?

What about if you email some pics to me and I will post them for you. PM me and I will send you my email address.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
I would so like to post pictures that I took of her in all her glory, But I've been trying for the past three hours and have given up. I simply cannot work it out. The price was less than I have paid in the past for the dealer to Supa gaurd or Autoglym it, and glyn spent the whole day toiling on my specious lady :thumbup:

Ron i think you may be saving the pictures from your camera in a file that is too large for this site, i've had the same issues, try resizing the picture in a programme like "paint", or photo bucket, it worked for me.

Also i didnt realise that Auto Glym did a paint protection system that was applied by a dealer, i know theres SupaGaurd and Gardx, which as far as i know are the two main brands for this type of thing, but i never knew that dealers had access to an Auto Glym paint protection system , interesting :eusa-think:

Do you recall what sort of price the Auto Glym system was and where it could be purchased because i've just Googled it and i cannot find any where that does it ?

I can find a "sealer" by Auto Glym that you apply yourself, but this is not the same as having it done professionally by a dealer/valeter, as it has to be done perfectly from the outset. At the moment i've got the Gardx system but it would be nice to know for the future where i could get the Auto Glym system applied.

Anyway good luck with the pics.

RCZ1

Reaction score

Jactac, the guy who did his detail was called Glyn. Ron didn't have Auto Glym paint protection applied - I think you've mis-read it there.

With regards to the paint protection that dealers apply, All of them - are sealants which can be bought by anyone and applied themselves for considerably less cost than the amounts that dealers want to charge you for to apply it. There is no difference to the sealants used by dealers to those used by any Joe Public. They do not have to be applied by professionals.
In the right hands and with the right knowledge they will be applied considerably better than most valeters at dealers will do - primarily because of the time restrictions that the valeters have to work under. It takes time and lots of the right preparation to get the paintwork just right, ready for the sealant to be applied. You will only have to ask Ron what lengths his detailer went to, to get his paintwork in the very tip top condition.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
The price was less than I have paid in the past for the dealer to Supa gaurd or Autoglym it, and glyn spent the whole day toiling on my specious lady :thumbup:

K,
maybe it is the way i'm reading it :crazy:

But it does look like Ron is saying that this detalier (glyn) was cheaper than having a dealer do Supa gaurd or Autoglym. Come on Ron your starting to talk jibberish, :lol:

To be honest i thought that Auto Glym only did a retail sealer and did not franchise through any dealerships, this is why i queried it.

I agree you can do the sealer yourself and the costs would be considerably less, but i think in the correct hands it can be a very good product to have put on the car, I'm very happy with the Gardx treatment that i had, however to be perfecly honest and as you know it can go horribly wrong unless it is done correctly, so i think i would rather a "profesional" apply it if i were to have it done again.

A

Anonymous

I have had the Auto Glym treatment carried out twice by the main dealer and had Supa Guard once at the time of purchasing new vehicles.
Sorry for taking so long to clarify but I have been trying to send them damn pictures to RCZ1 all flamin night. Ijust hope that she's got them.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Ron, your Pearl2 looks stunning :thumbup: She's real glossy looking - real top notch. I like the champagne roof arches :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Wow RCZ1. Thank you so much for posting those for me. That guy in a couple of shots is Glyn the man responsible for that shine. I do believe the car looks fantastic and I don't care if I'm biased. Pearl White is right and the Quads balance the rear off perfectly.
Thanks again K.

A

Anonymous

Looks nice Ron, :clap:
I do like the roof, i think Peugeot should do mirrors & grill to match, for a complete package, or do they ? i cant remember :crazy:

Champagne Arches, i'm still out on that one, i think for me theres maybe too many different colours going on, IMO.
You do have a great shine on the body work and i cant see the "patch work" panels that you have previously mentioned, perhaps its more evident in person :eusa-think:

Now you gotta keep it looking nice and shiny, i have to be honest, for me cleaning and polishing the car is one of my only "switch off" times and i actualy enjoy doing it.

So Auto Glym treatment IS available from a dealership or valeter, i will have to try and find out where and how much it costs. :beer:

RCZ1

Reaction score
OO58RON said:
Wow RCZ1. Thank you so much for posting those for me. That guy in a couple of shots is Glyn the man responsible for that shine. I do believe the car looks fantastic and I don't care if I'm biased. Pearl White is right and the Quads balance the rear off perfectly.
Thanks again K.

My pleasure Ron :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Looks nice Ron, :clap:
I do like the roof, i think Peugeot should do mirrors & grill to match, for a complete package, or do they ? i cant remember :crazy:

Champagne Arches, i'm still out on that one, i think for me theres maybe too many different colours going on, IMO.
You do have a great shine on the body work and i cant see the "patch work" panels that you have previously mentioned, perhaps its more evident in person :eusa-think:

Now you gotta keep it looking nice and shiny, i have to be honest, for me cleaning and polishing the car is one of my only "switch off" times and i actualy enjoy doing it.

So Auto Glym treatment IS available from a dealership or valeter, i will have to try and find out where and how much it costs. :beer:

jactac. why would you want to pay for the Auto Glym treatment? What I had done was vastly superior and cost the same or less. Peugeot do carbon mirror backs or at least they did. Just thought as I began to type that, that I didn't see it on the option list when I ordered Pearl2. You can get black grilles but they are not carbon. I think with a black grille it makes the car look more aggressive. I prefare good looking and beautiful to manly or aggressive :beer:

A

Anonymous

I had the Gardx, and so far i'm very impressed with it, so i would try an Auto Glym treatment if it was available, i really do like all AG products.

I can understand why owners have a full detail treatment done, i've had my previous cars done and they did look awsome for a while, however it's not long term unless you as an owner keep ontop of it, so personaly i think an Auto Glym or simular treatment is more beneficial as it lasts longer if done correctly.

My car is around 4 months old now and i can honestly say that the paint work feels and looks "just waxed", i only have to put the hose over her and the water just sheets away and beads, it really is a very good product.

I'm with you on the ALL BLACK grill, i think it looks like a big fish mouth, the chrome strips break it up a little bit.

A

Anonymous

A bit late to post but just seen Ron's car...V NICE! I like the champagne arches on a Pearl...probably the only colour they would look good on IMO...unsure of your interior Ron but it would look very special with a nice tan leather interior! RCZ1's interior would set this look of very nicely!

A

Anonymous

an exquisite looking car and so it should be its the most expensive RCZ on this forum :lol: :lol: :) i would personally do it myself as i am very capable as jactac can show ya,but really its stunning and how shallow are you that your name on this site is the registration number on your car not only are you the most expensive car owner on this forum your the vainest ;) :D

by the way you need to get the 380/92smd's drl's led bulbs no top of the range rcz should go home without them :lol:

ps i love the carbon roof very,very special looking :cool: :cool: