What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Pearl paint problem...

A

Anonymous

I've noticed that the pearl paint finish has started to show signs of weakness (having owned the car from new for just over a year); several grey spots have appeared over the bodywork, leading me to wonder how many coats they lavish on the curves...

Has anyone else had this issue?

RCZ1

Reaction score
When you say grey spots how do you mean? Do you have any pictures of them and where are they?

Pearl white is a three stage paint with stories once told that it actually has 7 layers of paint. Don't know how true that is but unlikely .....

A

Anonymous

Get polishing. Just picked up a pearl car it had loads of grey marks I was gutted at first. Spent a day polishing and it looks mint.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Its probably oxidation of the laquer. Regular polishing and clay should cure it :)

RCZ1

Reaction score
I suspect the grey spots are iron contaminants, which polishing and claying will remove somewhat by taking the "top" off it but ultimately Iron X to draw out the contaminants is required.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
You may be right :) I had those pink vauxhauls that used to be red in mind when I was writing my post.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Abzynthe said:
You may be right :) I had those pink vauxhauls that used to be red in mind when I was writing my post.

I would absolutely love to detail one of those pink Vauxhall's and bring it back to life. The owner wouldn't believe it was the same car....... Sorry I go off on a tangent ;)