What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Passenger widow regulator 2011 2ltr

BrenIRL

Reaction score
Hi folks,
Dreading this. I think the cable snapped in the hard frost. Motor spins up n down. Window staying in up position. Local dealer will cost €1k for repair. Does anyone know if any other models regulators fit the RCZ eg 308 or a 206 etc. Or would anyone know a spurious maker n model eg Valeo or Ridex etc. Tnx in advance.

thackers

Reaction score
If you type into ebay rcz regulator there's a bloke who refurbs your item . Very good work and a quick turnaround. I see your in Ireland so may take longer . Easy enough to DIY regards removal and re fitting

thackers

Reaction score
Hi thackers tnx for reply soz for tardy response been away. Is this the guy? PEUGEOT RCZ FRONT WINDOW REGULATOR REPAIR RECONDITIONING SERVICE | eBay. Im going to ask my painter to strip down the panel. Ill then pop it out & post over for the repair.
For info: RIDEX & VALEO both said they dont do an aftermarket part
Hi pal, yes that's him. He really does a super job my drivers window works a treat ,i wouldn't hesitate to go to him if the passenger side fails.
Removing the door card to access the regulator is all on these pages in various threads. One or two points to watch out for in removing bits of trim but it's all here.
Good luck with the jiob in hand

BrenIRL

Reaction score
UPDATE: Guys name is Alan. Prompt service - I had the misfortune to post over while he was on a holiday, my fault. Managed to get a dry day to do the install. Went rather well and true to form I have that one screw left over - typical.

GOTCHAS: I was stumped for a while with NOT getting the glass to fit in to the front rubber groove. Turns out the outer rubber leaf can fold in on itself just out of sight thus pushing the glass to the back. Be careful pushing it out of the way as the glass can tap off the metal body especially under its own weight.

Alan wrote that I should lower the glass fully and then raise it fully to reset it. However the glass stayed down. I had to do the BSI reset procedure to get it working again - in total I had to do 3 BSI resets while troubleshooting.

Just for fun our local postal service here in Ireland decided to charge me VAT €24 - I'm appealing for a refund, see how I go

In summary delighted I managed to get the job done & saved about €900 in the the process.

thackers

Reaction score
Good work, well done. It's a satisfying feeling doing a tricky job and saving yourself a large wedge :cool::cool:

BrenIRL

Reaction score
Been a while but just to report that I did finally get the customs duty paid back in the form of a check.