What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

passenger door speaker cutting out

ashpug

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have recently purchased an RCZ... so far i'm loving it- however I have an issue where the passenger door speaker will cut in and out. it can cut out at any time and then cut back in, but seems to react either way to going over a bump in the road. I know its now a case of stripping the interior and checking all the connector pins are tight and following the wiring to check for any damage- but does anyone know if this is a common issue and if so what to check first? it has the JBL upgrade so it has the amplifier included in the circuit

Thanks

Plecodoras

Reaction score
I haven't heard this issue before and suspect that it is just a loose connection somewhere or at worst a faulty speaker.
The door card is easily enough removed.
Hope you find the suspect and good luck with your RCZ, glad you're enjoying it.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum :greetings-wavingblue:

Not heard that this is a common issue, just one of those annoying little wiring tracing job :roll: hope you get it sorted and if you do let us know how as it may help others in the future :beer:

Anders55

Reaction score
I had the same problem, but on the left side.

I pushed the connectors on the amplifer harder into it, and the problem was solved.

It is easily done. You can reach them from the right hatch in the trunk.

I hope it is as simple as that for you too.

OkeyStokey

Reaction score
I had a similar problem when I upgraded to a double Din head unit.
My problem was the ISO harness connector at the back of the head unit though.
Similar to Anders55 problem, it was the pin connections in the block.

Not saying that is where your problem is, but if you have to do some routing investigation, don't forget to check all the way back to the head unit.

Good luck.