What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Passenger Door Locking?

A

Anonymous

Hi

Happy new owner of RCZ 1.6T petrol in Australia. But I think am turning mad as i don't seem to be able to lock/unlock the passenger door with the remote control...

According to the manual, once the diver's door is unlocked by pressing on remote towards the passenger door should unlock it - but nothing at all. I can do it with the key manually but not remotely. Not so much of an issue other than last weekend went in town and thought car was locked except the passenger remained unlocked all day. luckily no one tried to get it.

Deadlocking and alarm do active but the actual locking/unlockind doesn't seem to work - but only for the passenger door.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks!
Steph

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi Steph

I'm not sure I've welcomed you to the forum before so :greetings-wavingblue:

In answer to your question if you press the unlock button on the key fob once (the bottom one) it will unlock the drivers door only and the fuel filler cap only. If you press the button twice it will unlock the both doors and the boot. When locking the car press the top button on the key fob twice to deadlock and immobilise.

You may need to check your multifunction screen menu. You can select what the key fob open and closes with a key press. Press the menu button on the stereo and select define the vehicle parameters and select "selective unlocking"
You can then select what you require.

Hope this helps :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Um, I'm not sure what's going on but when I unlock my car with the bottom button BOTH doors can be opened from the outside without having to press anything else. I always deadlock the car by pressing the button twice but have never noticed a problem with the passenger door except when sitting inside and forget to press the dashboard button to let my irate passenger in :lol: :lol: :lol: . Oh, and welcome to the forum, Steph :greetings-wavingblue: .

RCZ1

Reaction score
BangorRCZ said:
Um, I'm not sure what's going on but when I unlock my car with the bottom button BOTH doors can be opened from the outside without having to press anything else. I always deadlock the car by pressing the button twice but have never noticed a problem with the passenger door except when sitting inside and forget to press the dashboard button to let my irate passenger in :lol: :lol: :lol: . Oh, and welcome to the forum, Steph :greetings-wavingblue: .

Have you checked your configuration menu Lorraine? I think the default is set to open both doors.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
BangorRCZ said:

Have you checked your configuration menu Lorraine? I think the default is set to open both doors.
Yeah, and BOTH of my doors ARE opening, it's Steph who's having the problems. I was just pointing out that as both of my doors do open (default) I can't understand why hers aren't playing ball. Ho hum.

A

Anonymous

Hi Steph,

stephxv said:
According to the manual, once the diver's door is unlocked by pressing on remote towards the passenger door should unlock it - but nothing at all. I can do it with the key manually but not remotely. Not so much of an issue other than last weekend went in town and thought car was locked except the passenger remained unlocked all day. luckily no one tried to get it.

Press the unlock button TWICE to unlock the passenger door.

If you want both doors to unlock with a single push you need to go into the car's configuration menu to change it to be just the driver's door, or both doors.

If doing neither of those sorts it then back to the dealer for a looksee.

Glenn (in Canberra)

A

Anonymous

Hi Steph, and welcome, it sounds to me like you have a problem with the lock actuator on the passenger side door, I would take it back to your dealer to have a look at it.
I have exactly the same problem with one of the rear doors on my old 306 commuting car, but its not worth getting it repaired, I just live with manual locking/unlocking. :( :(

A

Anonymous

hi all

thanks for the warm welcome :)!

have checked the menu but didn't seem to make any difference . . . :( I tried the double push on the key fob but the passenger door simply doesn't seem to react at all. Everything else seems to be working fine - boot opening included hence why its driving me nuts!
Car is 6 weeks old, so am sure i can get it repaired if needed. taking her for a service end of this week so can get the dealer to look at it and point out any "user issues" if any

Thanks all for the suggestions!
Other than that, what a car!
Steph

A

Anonymous

Steph, it definitely seems to be a fault because when I'm helping my elderly aunt into the passenger seat from outside I've only pressed the release button ONCE and both doors unlock. Hopefully it's a minor thing they can fix pronto :thumbup: .

Lorraine

A

Anonymous

Lorraine

It looks like it :-( Tried everything I could think of, checked the config from the radio and changed it with no success. Can hear the lock clicking when pressing twice but it doesn't arm/desarm the passenger door.

I noticed a "round screw" on the inside of the passenger door which has the same feed as the car key - and it seems a bit loose so maybe that's the problem!

hopefully all sorted by Friday

Steph

A

Anonymous

stephxv said:
I noticed a "round screw" on the inside of the passenger door which has the same feed as the car key - and it seems a bit loose so maybe that's the problem!

That rings a bell, Steph. check your manual in the area talking about locks, deadlocking etc. I seem to remember something about a screw in the door to provide access when all the electronics have failed, you use your key on it I think... Sorry I don't have access to my manual right now or I would check for you.

A

Anonymous

Glenn

Thanks for the reply. Took her to the dealer today for service and it was an actual fault - so I wasn't insane! The actual power cables for the central locking were loose and disconnected hence why the passenger door wouldn't lock. All fixed now ! :)

By the way, nice car - look like a twin to mine !