What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Paintwork protection and bumper protectors

A

Anonymous

Hi guys and gals. :wave: To all you lovely RCZ owners have any of you bought the bumper protection kits and if so, does it make sense to have the paintwork protection stuff (like supagard) put on and THEN the BPKs? I'm still weeks away from getting my car :( but am avidly reading all the tips and hints about detailing and don't think this has been mentioned yet. I note RCZ1's suggestion of Jetseal for the aluminium arches so that's one question I don't need to ask :p

A

Anonymous

Hi Bangor rcz i have orderd the bumper protection strips and if you look on this link

http://peugeot-rcz.sgpetch.co.uk/pages/ ... ps/id=9183

this will show pic and price and yes if you are having gardx paint treatment have them put on after treatment this is what my dealer has advised as if you have them put on before the paint area under the strip will not have any paint gardx protection and as for the aluminium arches Brillant metal polish is very good http://www.briliant.biz/index.asp or on Ebay

hope this helps

FGRob

Reaction score
BangorRCZ said:
Hi guys and gals. :wave: To all you lovely RCZ owners have any of you bought the bumper protection kits and if so, does it make sense to have the paintwork protection stuff (like supagard) put on and THEN the BPKs? I'm still weeks away from getting my car :( but am avidly reading all the tips and hints about detailing and don't think this has been mentioned yet. I note RCZ1's suggestion of Jetseal for the aluminium arches so that's one question I don't need to ask :p
Hi there.

I thought about the clear protectors, they are mainly to stop carpark type touches but I'm sure if they are big enough, as for Supagard - not touched it, if the dealer gets it wrong it will look a right mess, I've polished mine and put some decent wax on - DoDo wax and I'm more than happy with the result.

Now for the aluminium, I would be very careful what you do with this, they are supposed to be painted so they would not take a metal polish to clean them, the best bet is to clean them as normal and just apply some clear wax and leave it at that, if they were just untreated aluminium they would go white when water was left to dry on them - which they don't.

Rob.

RCZ1

Reaction score
FGRob said:
BangorRCZ said:
Hi there.

I thought about the clear protectors, they are mainly to stop carpark type touches but I'm sure if they are big enough, as for Supagard - not touched it, if the dealer gets it wrong it will look a right mess, I've polished mine and put some decent wax on - DoDo wax and I'm more than happy with the result.

Now for the aluminium, I would be very careful what you do with this, they are supposed to be painted so they would not take a metal polish to clean them, the best bet is to clean them as normal and just apply some clear wax and leave it at that, if they were just untreated aluminium they would go white when water was left to dry on them - which they don't.

Rob.

I would agree with Rob, don't get the paintwork protection (Supaguard). I too use Dodo waxes (amongst others) and they give long lasting protection. You just need to get your washing regime right in order to minimise the risk of scratching whilst washing and drying your car.

I agree with him also regarding the aluminium arches. I intend to use Jetseal on mine, which is a sealant, provides protection in the same way as a wax does. A couple of coats of that and it will protect them and also give a bit of extra shine. Its all down to personal preference.

Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

To Dr Who, FGRob and RCZ1, thanks everyone for your advice. :dance: I think I'll avoid the gardx/supaguard regime then and make certain I get a good cleaning routine going. :D As for the bumber strips, some clout managed to scrape my front bumper in a carpark without me knowing about it and left a noticeable white mark (on a bright red car) so I thought the strips sounded like a good idea and will probably go for them. I'll just have to make certain the guys putting them on haven't been out on the razzle the night before :beer:

FGRob

Reaction score
Re: Bumper Protector

tomasotomi said:
Hi, here is the link about stainless steel rear bumper protectors, and door sills also, maybe will be interesting
http://www.tomive.com/main.html
have a good day
Nothing on there to cover RCZ - I take it you are the owner of the company, in which case it would be a good idea to speak with admin with regard posting commercial sales first. ;)

A

Anonymous

The cost of the dealer applied polymer sealants is extreme. My brother in law works for a crash repair company which buy kits for use on repaired cars. These kits typically COST £70 to £80, i'm getting the kit you would get with a Honda for £35. These kits are only available to approved installers so don't expect to buy them from your dealer. This is the reason they sometimes offer them free, they are cheap!
After I have applied the kit I will wax it with DoDo supernatural I have.
I did my wifes Jazz with 7 years ago and the paint still looks good. Would it have without the sealer I don't know but at a low cost I can afford the gamble.
:thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Re: Bumper Protector

FGRob said:
tomasotomi said:
Hi, here is the link about stainless steel rear bumper protectors, and door sills also, maybe will be interesting
http://www.tomive.com/main.html
have a good day
Nothing on there to cover RCZ - I take it you are the owner of the company, in which case it would be a good idea to speak with admin with regard posting commercial sales first. ;)

Hi Rob
Perhaps he should speak to someone about getting a decent website first - one that's optimised and isn't all 'flash, bang wallop' and style over substance. :wtf:

I personally don't have a problem with people posting links to their own site as long as it's relevant and not spam. A good example is the contributors to Detaling World. They take part in the discussions and post useful advice.