What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

P2263 fault- I need help with diagnosing the problem

Esther

Reaction score
Hello,

I hope someone can help me. I have had my 2011 THP 1.6 for 2 years now. I love this car but I about to throw in the towel with it. The EML has come on again and my neighbour has an OBD2 and picked up this fault with the turbo. Can anyone tell me what common problems this could be? He said the waste gate seems fine. There are some signs of a previous repair where they’ve used some epoxy around the waste gate!

Pedro

Reaction score
P2263 -Turbo charger/super charger boost system performance it may possibly be wastegate is sticking check the intake hoses are not cracked or leaking also get the fuel pressure/ fuel trims checked as this fault is also associated with the HPF pump fuel supply

Esther

Reaction score
P2263 -Turbo charger/super charger boost system performance it may possibly be wastegate is sticking check the intake hoses are not cracked or leaking also get the fuel pressure/ fuel trims checked as this fault is also associated with the HPF pump fuel supply
It’s had a new HPFP fitted by Peugeot approx 12 months ago as a recall so will ask local garage to check intake hoses fuel pressure/ fuel trims. These seems to now be the only issue that needs fixing. I just paid out for new starter and replaced a fried circuit board. I hope it’s not going to be a big fix. Thanks.

Pedro

Reaction score
If it had a pump then it could point to Turbo defect Issues as you said its had an epoxy resin repair so its obviously malfunctioned before you bought the car common symptoms with this code can include these faults but ask them to also check the Diverter Valve as if the seals inside have perished/leaking this will affect Turbo Boost pressure
Boost pressure sensor
Wastegate in poor condition affecting functionality
Damage to the Cat (very rare)
Injection pressure control
Exhaust pressure sensor
Good luck let us all know the outcome-repairs etc

Esther

Reaction score
Dirty MAP sensor. Cleaned it and running 100% better. Turbo kicks in when it’s meant to.

Pedro

Reaction score
Yep that figures well done glad its all OK ;)
I would check your Air Filter as these engines love plenty of clean Air also you can clean the MAF sensor if needs be as these can become dirty over time which can result in EML issues & both MAP & MAF are vital to the Fuel/Air mixture ratios controlled from the ECU

Esther

Reaction score
Thanks Pedro. The MAF and filter are the next job.

Now have a snapped handbrake lever.

Pedro

Reaction score
You mean the mechanism under the handle or the actual handle? I think you have to remove the Centre console/ tunnel if its inside the carto gain access anyhow
get back to us if your stuck ;)

Esther

Reaction score
You mean the mechanism under the handle or the actual handle? I think you have to remove the Centre console/ tunnel if its inside the carto gain access anyhow
get back to us if your stuck ;)
Hi, I mean the actual handle. I need to take the leather cover off it so I can detach the cable from the silver button. I don’t want to use brute force. I thought there may be some clip inside to get the leather outer cover off the handle. TIA

Pedro

Reaction score
The Leather gaiter just pulls off the handle it will show if the handle can be detatched on its own or maybe you will need to remove the whole unit I don't have any diagrams for the lever itself there is a video on YouTube on how to remove the gaiter if your unsure I will try to find some info later today if possibly

Pedro

Reaction score
After you remove the gaiter you should be able to access the handbrake unit

Attachments

• Handbrake switch.PNG
    Handbrake switch.PNG
    214.3 KB · Views: 22

Esther

Reaction score
Hi,

Taking the gaiter off was the easy bit. I’m going to see if someone I know will weld the handle back on in situ. It will only need a tack each side then no need to dismantle the car. Sounds a bit dodgy but I think it will work.

That leather handle cover does not want to come off, btw!

Pedro

Reaction score
Yes I know I changed mine for a leather one & its fiddly but all you need to remember is nothing on a car is impossible to take off 😁
If your going to weld in situ should be OK if its a mig welder use tinfoil as a barrier around the area maybe some wet towels & cover the seats if their leather
Good Luck;)

lfe

Reaction score
Hi,

My 156HP also fires P2263 but only after about 20 seconds at full throttle in 4th or 5th gear.

I already checked the turbo wastegate by vacuuming with a 100ml syringe, it goes all the way well and the diaphragm is not perforated.

Today I cleaned two pressure sensors with contact cleaner spray, the one at the intercooler out and the one at the intake manifold.

They were quite clean, just slightly wet with oil.

I've done a short ride around town and it seems to go smoother and accelerate well. To try it better I have to wait to go on the highway.

Could it be that just a little oil on the sensors is causing the problem?

Thank you !

Last edited:

lfe

Reaction score
I answer myself

Yes, a little oil on the sensor can alter the measurement.

After the cleaning I no longer have the fault P2263, in addition:
- It goes smoother going slowly in the city
- Seems to have gained some power
- Before when engine cold start it made slight misfires for a few seconds, now it doesn't.

:)

lfe

Reaction score
Continuation of the story:

- Fault P2263 appeared again at strong acceleration.
- The mechanic changed the turbo solenoid valve, but this did not solve the problem.
- Finally I discovered a small filter through which the valve takes ambient air. It was clogged. After releasing the air passage it seems that the problem is finally solved!

It is a rare filter, like rubber, small.
Some people clean it with degreaser, others remove it, and others, like me, make a hole in it. It's in a gap in the valve cover.

Photo of the filter position.